Be the first to post for 'How To Use This Course'!

Hello all from Texas!
I’m super excited to get this going!
I’ve practically no experience in making games let alone knowing any computer language.
But that’s not going to deter me from giving my all.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi from Maryland, USA!

I’ve graduated from college with a degree in Computer Science this past December but I’ve mostly learned C++. I’ve been trying to make some games with friends on the side and they’ve taken an interest in Unity and so, I thought it would be fun to learn. I also wanted more knowledge on C# since it’s what’s mainly used at my job right now.

I enrolled in Ben’s Unreal Engine course a few months back and I liked what I learned. I’m very excited to be taking another one of his courses! Thank you for taking the time to teach us! :smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

Brian here, from the Central Coast of California. I am still absorbing the amazing information I got while attending my second Oculus Developer Conference, OC4. I am excited to meet and work with all of you on AR and VR apps.

1 Like

Hi there! Greetings from Brazil! I’m looking forward to learn as much as possible from this course. Hope we can help each other, although i’m almost a begginer with few time for praticing, i promisse i’ll do my best!

See you soon!

2 Likes

Hello!

I stumbled here after leaving the original UNITY course back due to some studies, and now that I’m back I’m surprised to see the 2.0 version.

My question is, what are the main differences between the original course and 2.0? Should I need to purchase the 2.0 to learn the same? Is the old course still useful?

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hello from California!

So excited to take this course and dwell deep into the projects. I really look forward to gaining some experience in game development on my quest to obtain an internship!

Look forward to discussing with you all! And wish you all happiness and the best=)!

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing!

Hi there
I am jose miguel from mexico. I am really excited to start the course.
I am really a beginner to the game development but i´ve been working on firmware development for some time.

Regards

1 Like

Hello fellow Unity 2.0 classmates. Doug here. I’m in Raleigh area of North Carolina, USA. I’m 47 and I’m interested in developing my first VR game by myself. My daughter is driving the game design document around unicorns and it’s pet cat. I’m new to c-sharp but not programming so should be a fun ride.

Hi guys, I’m Clay and I’m in Oklahoma City. I’m teaching myself C# and Unity and I’m working toward having a job making games!
I can sympathize with the older folks out there, I’m 47 and finally getting started. (I made my first game with my Dad in 1983! I guess the feeling never leaves you :grinning:)

Hello world!

I’m Derrick, in Newfoundland, Canada. I’m getting back into trying to teach myself Unity as a hobby, one which I never seem to devote enough time to. I’ll be 42 in December, I’m a father of 3 boys, none of whom live with me, and I’m typically employed in IT related jobs, such as software QA, though I find myself working full time in a call centre presently.

I stalled out on completing the Unity 1.0 course somewhere at the middle of Block Breaker, not because I was stuck, but just because I’m a great procrastinator and easily distracted, LOL. Anyway, I’ll make a stronger effort to complete this course, and I very much look forward to that attempt!

Happy coding all!

Hello,

My name is Raymond, just got the new course today. Looking forward to learning more about Unity.

Hey!

I’m George, a recent graduate of an Industrial Design BA and Design MA looking to learn something more aligned with a passion for gaming! Just enrolled on the Unity 2.0 course and am really excited about the potential to create some cool things that friends, family and possibly a wider audience can have a laugh with.

I’m also buzzing to be part of a community as his course continues. Being one of the introverts mentioned in an early video, I’m looking to push myself to talk to more people about all sorts of things! Hit me up for a chat!

Cheers,
George

Hello all,

I am Joe, an educator in Virginia (USA) who is looking to learn how to make games while relearning how to code (it’s been many years). Looking forward to watching how the course goes and being part of this community.

Joe

Glad to see I am not the only older student here (I’m 52). I have been involved in computers since '78, including some basic (including BASIC) program development, but now want to see if this is a possible future career for myself as well.

Looking forward to seeing what you produce!

Joe

Thank you , Sir, I hope to see your stuff too!

My first task is get over the fear of posting work that’s too primitive and embarrassing :slight_smile:

Hey George! I’m challenging myself to post and participate as well. I did the 1.0 course and did not share much because I was just not ready to do that.

Best of luck, and looking forward to seeing your work :slight_smile:

Awesome! You’ve got a head start on me! Just out of interest, do you think the 1.0 course is worth checking out or will I be okay just working through 2.0?

Look forward to seeing what you make as well man!

Cheers,
George

I agree with this too!

The fear of not producing as good work as others (i’m not creative at all!) is biggest for me!

It’s something I’m trying to get over with this course in order to get the most out of it!

Mark

I liked the 1.0 course, and I’m still working through it. I will definitely finish it at the same time as I’m getting this one going.

I don’t know yet how much of the two courses are the same, I don’t think you need 1.0 to make sense of this one. It’s an updated course, not a sequel that depends on the first one. (As far as I can tell).

Ben and Brice are really good teachers and I got a lot out of their lectures. And I take them at their word when they say, “Stop the lecture! Do this assignment!” It’s always challenging to try the …uh… challenges, but it’s always worth it to solve a riddle on your own.

Privacy & Terms