Be the first to post for 'How To Use This Course'!

Hi from north Wales
My name is Simon and I just might be the oldest one here (1 month short of 53). I’ve been a concrete tester, road engineer, structural engineer, IT support dude (have you switched it off and switched it back on again…) and now an Identity Management consultant. But I’m also a frustrated games designer/coder.
I’m hoping this Unity malarky will scratch that persistent itch :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello my fellow video game dev enthusiasts and creatives from around the world (and a special shout out to my fellow Aussies and Oldies).
I’m Dave a 38 year old male from Hobart Tasmania Australia (although I am umming and ahhing about returning to Western Australia before Christmas after living and studying on this small but beautiful island for nearly 5 years). I have spent significant periods of my life indulging in hobbies, studying or working, on various interests/disciplines including: business, creative writing, visual art, music and table top gaming. But the last 5 years in particular I have purposefully worked on these interdisciplinary skills with the plan of becoming a solo developer or part of a small indie team that develops story/narrative based games including adventure games and small indie role-playing games (I recently finished an Arts degree that focused on creative writing, philosophy & visual arts).
Despite doing a few units on programming and game development as electives during my degree, I still have a lot to learn when it comes to programming and being able to put it all together, which is why I have chosen to do this course. I have nearly given up on multiple occasions, due to the financial and time related cost of pursing my passions (especially at my age), not to mention that being a jack of all trades has its drawbacks, such as the impracticality of maintaining multiple skills at once and never being truly confident in any one area, but alas I have stuck with it (I am either stupid or stubborn). But it comes down to this, for me developing video games is the perfect creative outlet that combines all my skills and interests whilst satisfying my insatiable appetite to learn and create.
Sorry everyone that was a long self-indulgent post! But wish you all the best of luck with your studies!!

2 Likes

Hello all!

My name is Miranda, and I’m a student from Nevada, USA. I’m just starting this course and am super excited to see what I can do with it. Best wishes to you all!

1 Like

Hello All,

My name is Dennis. I am from MIchigan USA. Ive always been interested in game development, but never had the skills to make what I envision (and also my vision changes a bit to frequently :slight_smile:). Im working my way through some unity courses and a 2d game art course to help build up a knowledge foundation that I can start using to make my own games!

1 Like

Hey! I’m Johan from Stockholm, Sweden. Casual gamer with some modest background in IT (Java, SQL, HTML, CSS) but hoping to take that a bit further with this course. Excited to see what it’ll be like.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Andrew from Bangkok.
I’m a 50-year-old gamer and a long time IT person. I’ve got experience in Java, PHP, VB, and Pascal and even x86 assembly code back in the day. I joined this course as I would like to know more on how to build games as I have spent a long time playing them.

1 Like

Hello! First day on this course… Looking forward to learning all about how to create games…

1 Like

Hello, my name is Mark. I chose this course after doing the Unity tuts. I was looking for something more in depth. Hope this course is that.

1 Like

Hi! My name is Gloria and I live in Austin, Texas. I work primarily as a back-end web developer and software trainer. I am taking this course because I am interested in venturing into game programming.

1 Like

Hi i am tilakraj from India. I choose this course because i love programming about games

1 Like

Hi! My name is Sean and I’m from Oklahoma. I’ve always wanted to make my own games since I was a kid but had a lot get in the way. I’m now at a point where I have plenty of free time and chose this course as a first step to learning game design and development as a hobby and perhaps even turn it into a career. I enjoyed programming while I was going through college and look forward to learning both through this course!

1 Like

Hey guys, My name is zhang ke, come from China, now in Germany studying game development, I’m an Audio Engineer and made some sound design for film and game, but I’m a fresher with coding and I want to make some puzzle game for ios or Andrews. Hope I can understanding the class and make some coding by myself. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi guys, My name is Lasha, I`m from Georgia. I am interesting in game programming, I want to try myself in this.

1 Like

Hey everyone.

I’m William, from Florida. Looking forward to starting this course after finding it today. Learning unity has been a goal of mine for a bit, so excited to jump in. Wish everyone luck and easy learning.

1 Like

Hey everyone.

I’m Søren from Denmark.
Just found this course today and I think it will go great as some extra exercise in C++ along with my university study.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I’m Stephen, I’m a 10 + year vet of 3D modeling and animation, I recently started teaching on Udemy and I am trying my hand a Coding.

I worked to the end of the 10 pin bowling section on the first iteration of the Unity Game Dev course, but took about a year off to work on my own courses, personal projects etc.

I thought it would make sense to start this course to get my basics back up to scratch instead of struggling to continue the last course. Of course I’ll eventually get back to do the Zombie Runner FPS at some point. I also started the Unreal course and I think I’ll probably try to flip flop back and forth after each full section.

My 3D work can be seen here: http://stephenwoods3d.artstation.com/

Hello everyone, My name is Perry, I’m currently a fast food manager and game enthusiast from Newfoundland, Canada, I’m 23 years old, and have been doing the gamedev courses since October 3rd 2017. I’m currently working on being a well rounded game developer to produce games that i love to play and hope others will too!

1 Like

Here I am, here at last, first real step in a long journey to a far off mountaintop that seems unattainable at this time,

My name is Alec. This is my _n_th time trying to delve into the world of game development. So many failures before, and I’m sure many more do come, but I feel a commitment to the path I haven’t felt before. It helps that this course is extremely well-polished, professional. You can tell the people that created it put their hearts into it. How many other course instructors on Udemy can boast such a robust community?

Just started this course tonight. Hoping to have the first game finished by January First.

1 Like

I really like the musket you modeled. I love the details like the scratches and the etching.

Thanks, I was was seeing a lot of assault Rifle and futurist weapons being created and wanted to try something different for my first major project using Substance Painter for textures. I saw a screenshot for the Revenant and thought the flintlock sytle Rifle would be something pretty unique instead of another AK47 or M16. Lol

1 Like

Privacy & Terms