All GameDev.tv Unity Courses

Can I use visual studios community or do I have to use visual studio code for the 3d game design class

1 Like

yes you can use either one just make sure you have the unity add-on

C# Unity 3D Course, Section Obstacle Course

1 Like

Not sure if this is a late reply, but you must ensure that you have the Unity and C# snippets installed as well as Visual Studio has been selected as your editor program (project settings)

@ben Hello! i watched your tutorial on variables halfwway but transform.translate does not work, im not sure why is there is a different code that i could use instead of transform.translate?

I could do with some advice. I bought the ā€œComplete C# Unity Game Developer 2Dā€ course on udemy back in April last year.

I worked through it and was finding it excellent until I got to lecture 323 where we add horizontal movement to the player using the CrossPlatformInput asset package. That was not available as was hinted since I was using a newer version of unity. Unfortunately I struggled for a while and then got sidetracked on to something else.

I thought Iā€™d have another go now, this time installing the 2018 unity version to hopefully avoid the earlier problem but now I find a problem at an earlier lecture (lecture 318) where the 2d-extras-master package is used - thatā€™s giving me an error ā€œerror CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from ā€˜boolā€™ to ā€˜stringā€™ā€ so I am stuck again.

Iā€™m wondering what is the best way to go about using the lecture series? - Should I install the latest version of unity ā€œ2021.2.0f1ā€ and then post messages when I get stuck?

Is here the best place for messages asking for help or is that best on Discord?

1 Like

As of November 2021, there seem to be a few things wrong. Specifically with code not working as shown in the videos. Where can I go to let the instructor know how to fix itā€¦and what to fix? For example, if you are using a mismatched tileset vs character and you have to set your tiles to 32 and your character to 16, the code to flip your character does weirdness that I fixed using rotate instead of localScaleā€¦and a few other issues like moving never worked for me, had to use different code altogether.

I think you shouldā€¦but Iā€™ve had quite a few issues with the code he usesā€¦ itā€™s not very efficient and pretty messy sometimes. send me your email and I can help you with what you need.

I havenā€™t looked at that one yetā€¦but I had a similar issue with certain colors not ā€œblendingā€ wellā€¦try moving it around in the color wheel.

These courses have been incredible! I work in games in a non-technical role (producer) and its really helped advance my career and understanding.

I was wondering if you could put together a course on building Mixed Reality games in Unity. Itā€™s an area Iā€™m fascinated by and would love to do more work in.

Keep up the great work!

here is my attempt at #unity 2D course section 2 lesson 21 challenge. hope you like it
Screenshot 2021-12-19 174732

3 Likes

What should we prefer for vr unreal or unity

I canā€™t see sprites in main camera

Can I download the finished source code for RPG Core Combat Creator: Learn Intermediate Unity C# Coding? I have it on Udemy

2 Likes

Doing the project boost thing. I have video of it but im unable to post mp4 files. My goal is to make an indie rpg but I should probably crawl before I run. Wish me luck!

The easiest way to get around this is to upload to youtube. Alternatively you can upload small gifs. Good luck taking on Project Boost!

Hi i hope posting to right place.

Hello,

I purchased ā€œComplete C# Unity Game Developer 3D Online Courseā€ and ā€œUnity 3rd Person Combat & Traversalā€ courses. For someone who has finished Unity Learn Junior Programmer path and has a fair understanding of the basics, what is the recommended order of these courses? Which one to start first, and should I skip any of the chapters if I have basic understanding of the concepts?

Thank you in advance!

ā€œComplete C# Unity Game Developer 3D Online Courseā€ has a ā€œStart hereā€ label on it, so Iā€™d go with that.

Privacy & Terms