About 'Getting Started Mid Section Challenge'!

Medieval brewery

8 Likes

This challenge took more than an hour, but I wanted to review the use of arrays in boolean meshes. Doric_Columns_1

4 Likes

Wellā€¦ My brickwall scene. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™m a bit confused here.

"ENVIRONMENT"
a. the circumstances, objects, or conditions by which one is surrounded

b. the complex of physical, chemical, and biotic factors (such as climate, soil, and living things) that act upon an organism or an ecological community and ultimately determine its form and survival

c. the aggregate of social and cultural conditions that influence the life of an individual or community

I hoped to see more B. Landscapes, terrain, trees, buildings, etc. Thatā€™s why I follow this course. Letā€™s create the environment to place my objects in. But I think itā€™s more my point of view.

Maybe this old project can be seen as environmental.

8 Likes

That is sweet, loving this.

Task is more about getting those new to blender creating something to get the hand of using it :slight_smile:

For my Mid Section Challenge I am attempting to recreate the opening scene from pretty much any futurama episode. That one opening shot of their HQ.

Anyways, I stopped myself after about 2 hours, I was not really paying attention to the clock.

So here is what I was able to accomplish within that time slot.

I might have gone a little overboard, with some actual editing of the polys for the pipes, and the hangar trim pieces, as well as playing with the toon shader. But I tried to keep it as simple as possible using what has been taught so far.

Have a great day, and Iā€™ll see you all in the next one.

6 Likes

Are your normals correct on the lamp shade? Also, how are you doing the actual light? With a light object or a mesh with an emission shader?

Got carried away a bit. Warcraft2-style tower.tower_cycles

3 Likes

Iā€™m happy with the course so far. However iā€™m a bit concerne as i see iā€™ll reach the end of the ā€œmodelingā€ part in a few courses and we didnā€™t put our hands on the edit mode so far.
Iā€™m also very interested in the ā€œstategies used to decide wether we should join, parent, link, assetsā€ to make them usable in games for instance. For now we are creating a lot of hidden polygones and iā€™m concerned with the performance issue of it. I hope the rest of the course will cover this !

Cheers

1 Like

You are nowhere near the end of modelling lessons they continue throughout the course, so I wouldnā€™t worry about that.

Out of interest what made you think that you were?

Oh great then ! Well the first part is called ā€œmodelingā€ so i thought all the modeling would be here. I looked at the intro videos of each of the other 4 parts and they seems to focus on texturing and tunning up the scene with various technics. I couldnt find any lesson with a name that made me think otherwise.
Since youā€™re also teaching another Blender tutorial which is longer, i get worried that this was only in the other one.

Well iā€™m very exited about whatā€™s coming next then :slight_smile: This is really well explained and the various exercises makes things easier to remember :slight_smile:

The Complete Blender Course Certainly goes it to much more depth and in the Environments course we focus more on procedurally generating our geometry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure ! Iā€™ll probably give it a go too when iā€™ll be done with this one !

As you mentioned, one should stop when you come at a certain time.
Wanted to add some spires on the castle, but this should suffice.
:grin:

Cycles Render

4 Likes

well done, loved those arfix forts as kid had the sahara fort wildwest and gun emplacement those were the days :wink:

1 Like

3 Likes

Mid Section Challenge

4 Likes

Messed around with making renders, so decided on a maquette version and full sized look. Most of the structure was built up with primitives plus a few booleans, then I decided to go further into the smaller details.

7 Likes

A really warm and nice scene. Well done!.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms