About 'Getting Started Mid Section Challenge'!

Still needs a fence door :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Mid-Term%20Project

I didnt have any lego thing either, best cube type thing I could find is the speaker sitting infront of me.
What really gets me though is the fact you cant independently color objects with boolean. I tried and Tried no luck. Something to consider before using it.
If there’s away to do it please share, it would help so much.

3 Likes

I took your lego advise to heart

10 Likes

These are all pretty awesome! Some great work being done here :slight_smile:

I love this castle.

my mid section challenge small community

12 Likes

My castle

5 Likes

Here’s a lamp on my desk.

I’m having trouble with the Cycles render. Weirdly, the head of the lamp becomes violet because of the light, which doesn’t happen on the Eevee render, and I have some weird violet pixels appearing at some places. Any idea on what is happening? Thx

(Cycles)

(Eevee)
Lamp-Eevee

5 Likes

Not much going on as a scene but it let me practice making modular pieces that all connect together. Just a little mars habitat

10 Likes

That boat looks sooo cool man!

2 Likes

37%20PM

Here is a brick house I made. I didn’t add doors or windows because I didn’t want to spend too much time on it. What do you think?

6 Likes

9 Likes

My one hour project :wink:
wagen%20singel%20render
wagen%20full%20render

16 Likes

I decided to do a little practice from the other course while doing this challenge. Sadly the Cycles engine seems to lose the displacement node when it’s rendering.

3 Likes

took me about 40 minutes. quick&dirty.

rendered via View/Viewport Render

4 Likes

Wanted to make more, but had already spent 2 hours. What do you guys think? :smiley:

6 Likes

hot springs somewhere someplace somehow xD

5 Likes

Just a simple bed, trying to use some of the tools we’ve been shown.

3 Likes

I decided to have a go at a Roman Mile fort as seen on Hadrian’s wall and was also inspired by a bit of nostalgia from the Airfix Roman Fort that I had as a youngster.

AirfixRomanFort-1960s

I tried to use some of the techniques that we have used on the course such as array modifiers (for the crenellations), and Boolean modifiers (for the archways)and ran into some problems with both, which caused the modelling to take quite a longer than an hour. My technique was quite a bit different to Mike’s use of lots of individual blocks, as I used single blocks and resized them into relatively large structures. I was also a bit disappointed with the archways as I couldn’t get exactly what I wanted with the Boolean modifier. Still it is meant to be a learning experience, and you probably learn more from your mistakes than your successes. Here are a couple of renders using Cycles.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Privacy & Terms