A warm welcome to you

Hi,
My name is Kostya. I am from Belarus, Minsk. I am a Java/JavaScript programmer. I want to learn Blender to create 3D models to make design of my dream house using Sweet Home 3D application.

Hi! My name is Daniel Coello, I’m from Guayaquil in the Ecuador.
I’m interested in VR because it can give a different experience, i was developing since i get mine oculus dk1 and Google Cardboard, now i’m working in a startup “VRCHITECTS” located in EC. i want to learn more and use those knowledge to create magical evironments.

Hello! I’m Matthew and I’m picking up Blender after the black friday deal. I haven’t been much of an artistic type before, but can’t hurt to try my hand! Currently work at a CS department in the game industry and it’d be great to move over to the creative side.

Hey guys, my name is Peter, I’m from Europe, Hungary. I’m a student at the moment, becoming a software engineer. I’ve been in love with 3d for years, I was working in that field. As you might see from this, for me, VR is kind of the melting point of two of my greatest passions, so I’m very excited to start learning through this course! :slight_smile:

Hi, I am Syros, from New Zealand, I share a lot with most of you guys around why am here, mainly to start my own VR projects. 3D generalist. so excited about this. Cheeeers

Hello from Brisbane, Australia. I’m a 3d artist/designer with a background in Architectural Visualization.

Many years spent creating stills and animation the slow way, I’ve just now started to focus on real-time visualization/VR immerging technology. I’ve spent the last 6 months focusing on learning the unreal engine, and am now looking into VR development.

Can’t wait to get my virtual hands dirty!

Morning all! PCB here from the UK - looking to dev VR apps and games with my kids, but also looking to develop real-world go-anywhere applications to allow people to create virtual operating environments they can carry in a backpack :wink:

I’m interested in taking the platform as far as it can go, and also incorporating other UI elements including motion control and voice recognition in addition to traditional game controllers and HUD targeting.

Hello from Switzerland! I’m a Consultant and Computer Science graduate. At the moment I am trying to change my career, so i’m learning German, enrolled on a Full Stack Web Developer Course and now this on Udemy!

Can’t wait to see what the future holds for all of us optimists!

I’m what you might call a jack of all trades (and less generously, a master of none).

I’m primarily a musician these days, playing keyboards and melodica in The Velveteen Band. I also create all of our promo videos, and I’ve been ramping up my editing and motion graphics skills on those for a few years now.

Professionally, I’ve been a web developer for many years. Mostly front-end, though I am technically full stack. I used Flash a lot back in the day, and primarily Javascript now.

At home, I use max/msp to script tools for creating and performing music with unusual controllers. I’d like to adapt some of this work to Unity, though I suspect I’ll have to delve into Python a bit to integrate outside hardware. That’s for later, though.

On the CG front, I’m mostly a ZBrush guy, though I’ve done a lot of work with early editions of 3ds max (from pre “max” days in DOS up through version 10). I’m hoping that experience will help get me up to speed in Blender pretty quick, as I think some traditional modeling and animation software will help smooth out the workflow between ZBrush and Unity.

I’m just starting to get serious with C# and Unity, but the above experience helped a lot with the learning curve. (I passed the Certified Developer exam a few weeks ago.)

That’s probably good for an intro, yes? Cool. Nice to meet everyone!

Hi. Is the download unity link suppose to take me to the unity site? If so it isn’t working. It just sends me to the About this Course page.

They walk us to this link in the video:

(they said to grab the latest version within 5.3, to ensure that your interface matches the instructions. if you’re just starting out, that’s probably worthwhile. just scroll past the 5.4 options for now)

Hi my name is Robert Griffin I am a lecturer at the Institute of Art Design and Technology in Dublin Ireland.

:slight_smile: Hello - I’m fae … and I’m taking this course so I can dabble with creating/editing things in VR for various social platforms out there (altspace, high fidelity etc). Makes me a little nervous but figured this would be a good place to start.

Hey guys,
my name is Duc and i am a medical computer science student from Germany. I am very interested in VR and my dream is to invent a Nervegear from Sword Art Online :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Everyone,

I’m pretty excited to get started with VR. My hope is to create some fun content for my kids and get them engaged in creating games.

Hi I’m Shamila. I’m am very excited to learn about VR.

Hi, My name is Arjun, and I am a Gaming Dev Enthusiast.

Hi, I’m Cal, but my friends call me the Captain. I’ve been programming since I learned to read. My parents bought me a Commodore 64, but the disk drive and cassette player that were the only form of storage mediums the thing had, were too expensive.

Because of this, you had to type in your program every time you wanted to run it. So, to play games, you normally had to get a magazine that had a game program in it and type the whole thing out. As soon as it left active memory it was gone for good and you had to type the whole thing out.

I learned to program at the same time I learned to read, by teaching myself how the programs I was typing worked like natural language. I’ve been programming ever since (unfortunately, I’m not much better at it :stuck_out_tongue: )

I also encountered the original wave of Virtual Reality back in the 80’s as a little kid, and I’m very excited that it’s finally here. It’s been my life’s dream ever since I saw the original TRON and then went to actually experience it at one of the big parks in Orlando (Epcot Center I think).

I have a bachelor’s degree in Digital Film and Video Production with a minor in Media Arts and Animation. I currently am a freelancer with my own small business, Souzapalooza Entertainment in Tucson, AZ, and my biggest current contract is with a company called Learning A-Z, for which I animate children’s story books Reading Ranbow-style.

I’m also quite verbose, I apologize. I’m just excited, which is rare for me.

2 Likes

Wow, very cool!

“I’m also quite verbose, I apologize. I’m just excited, which is rare for me.”

I feel the same. I have often been the apathetic type and haven’t found much excitement in things of late. But VR has me feeling like a kid at Christmas again. I can’t wait for what VR will mean for the future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms