A Warm Welcome to the GameDev.tv Community

Hi guys!
My name is Rogelio and I’m a student at a game dev master program. We’re about to start our final project, it’s a VR game with lots of physic shenanigans involved and although we made our demo in Unity, we’ve decided to use Unreal due to supposedly having better performance.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Marc. I’m a professional software engineer from the Netherlands who specializes in large scale business applications during the day.

I’ve always been interested in game development/design and 3d modelling, so when the Blender course was on sale I took a leap and bought it. So far the course has been really good and I’m looking forward to learning a lot more about Blender and game development in general.

2 Likes

Hello!!
My name is Tamara.
I am currently a student majoring in computer science.
Just started the course, pretty excited for it!
I hope everyone is doing well and I wish you the best of luck!! :grin:

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Shanil. I’m from Sri Lanka and am an undergraduate student in Canada. I took a basic introduction to programming course at my university and failed it haha :slight_smile: But I’d still like to understand computer languages better and play around with Unreal Engine. I’m open to tips on what sort of beginner things I can enjoy playing around with

2 Likes

Hi everybody, My name is Jimmy and I found this course on Udemy, it’s the fifth course I’m following.
The other courses I’ve followed are about mixing and mastering music, playing piano and learning HTML.
I’m a musician first, but I’ve always been interested in developing 3D animation and everything involved with it. So here I go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, My name is Landan Hicks. I’m saw the unrealengine with c++ course and it looks like fun. I’m a cpp hobbyist programmer who works professionally as a full stack development primary on the front end.

2 Likes

Hi there, I am George. I recently completed a University Course in Games Development which focussed heavily on C# and Unity. Whilst one module focussed on C++ and UDK, I am looking to improve skills already earned and to hopefully transfer more knowledge from C# into C++. Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Talie from South Australia. I’m a long time gamer and I also dabble in 3D printing and custom pop toy creation. I get called a gadget girl because I love my gadgets.

I work with a lot of technology in a venue I manage, and while I probably could hire someone to create content for me I also want to understand how they do the things they do. Therefore I want to learn some coding and game creation and also blender for 3d modelling.

I just love to learn really. Though I struggle for spare time, so that will be my biggest challenge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Kjetil from Norway. Just finished medical school half a year ago, and now I finally got some spare time (after work). At last I can start learning more about computer/video games, my true passion! :heart_eyes:
Bought a lifetime membership over a year ago, when the unreal course was on kickstarter.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Gerald. I’ve been taking this course for the past few months. I haven’t really engaged with the community surrounding it so much, but I’m looking to change that. I come from a writing background and, until recently, was focused on designing pen and paper roleplaying games. I had always dreamed about making video games, but even with the two years of “Game Design” (I learned a lot about digital art production, but am still a terrible artist) in college, I lacked the fundamental skills to actually build anything. Finding this course legitimately changed my life. Before I couldn’t make games, now I can’t not make them.

2 Likes

Hey Everyone!
I am Shana from Texas.
Interested in Game Development and Coding.
Have been trying to learn different development
and game engines for several years but am still at
point A. I own a small side business making custom
T-Shirts, Banners, Signs, and Small Business Websites.
My interest are all over the place but one thing is for sure -
I love Design and Development - especially Gaming!
I look forward to interacting and learning from you all.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
I’m Łukasz from Poland. I’ve been working on my first more serious project in UE4 after finishing a couple of mini-games for the purpose of learning. I enjoy two things the most - 3D modelling and game/level designing, but I’m here to learn C++ and broaden my skills.

2 Likes

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

I’ve been programming since I was a teenager and have been an avid gamer even longer.
I have always wanted to combine those interests but haven’t really gotten in to it on my own.
When I noticed the Unity RPG kickstarter I thought that maybe this is the kick in the butt that
I need to get things off the ground, so here I am. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there,
I’m Joakim a Swedish guy turning 40, currently working as an Assisting Art Director here in Sweden. Been working with the web for the last 17 years most of the time as a frontend developer.

Game development have always been an area I’v been interested in. As a colleague and I started talking Unity and game ideas one thing led to another and the backing of the ‘Your Dream RPG - Make A Complete Role Playing Game In Unity’ on Kickstarter. So between renovating parts of my house and working Im now digging into the world of Unity and 3D modeling and at some rare occasions I acually get some sleep too :wink:

So here I’m, hoping to learn at a steady pace.
:wave:

2 Likes

Hi I’m Mark Verronneau.
I’m new to using blender. I’m looking to gain skills and knowledge to get into Game Developement. And from what I have read/heard Blender is a great tool for 3d modeling to anmation.

2 Likes

Hi There!

Im Michael a 24 year old South African guy, working as a UX/UI developer, working for a payments company in Johannesburg. Been Doing Web Dev and design since 2011 mostly working on websites and Angular Apps. :smiley:

Im a avid gamer and looking forward to learning about AR and VR.

Im here to learn all the things :smiley: :yum:

2 Likes

Hello!

I have introduced myself on the main page as well, but Ben told me to do it here, so there we go. I am Mircea. I am 17 years old. I am from Romania and I am a highschool student on the math-programming specialization. I have some experience in c++ but I couldn’t understand it very well at school. I want to learn new things and maybe create some indie games as personal projects. Nice to meet you all!

3 Likes

Hi. I am learning how to use Blender in order to design products on the computer. I hope that this is a good program for this.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

This looks like a great community and I am now happy to be a part of it. Love computer games and have enjoyed the Unreal course so far (almost finished battle tanks). Love programming as well and have a good knowledge iOS (swift), javascript, and some php and SQL.

Looking forward to collaborating with some of you.

2 Likes

Hello All,

My Name is Nathon Reed and I live in Northern California. I have been playing games of some sort since the late 80 and early 90’s. I more of a PC gamer than a console gamer. I have been very interested in computer programming ever since I have been able to play games. I ended up getting my AA degree in computer programming, due to life events never been able to really explore my true desire of making and developing games my self. My goal is to start developing some games on my own, become an indie game developer, and when the time is right either be able to be a full time indie game developer or work for a top company, ie. Blizzard.

I can’t wait to see what I am going to be able to do after these courses, and I am also excited for the friends I hope to meet and work with during this time.

Happy Coding
Nathon Reed

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms