A Warm Welcome to the GameDev.tv Community

No worries, I will look forward to seeing what you develop and share throughout your course(s). :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am new to the community and just started out on the Udemy UR 4 course. I am a gamer and have always wanted to make my own games or help others make theirs. So I am starting out with some self pace learning and then on to Collage to start a new career. If anyone has advise for a complete newb please let me know.

Thank You

1 Like

Hi there! Iā€™m also an aspiring dev who has dreams of attending college. As for advice- go to Youtube and look up Extra Creditsā€™ series on making games. Youā€™ll be glad you did!

2 Likes

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am 39 years old and have been playing video games as far back as I can remember.

My grandfather introduced me to programming on the Commodore 64 and throughout the years I have dabbled again and again with programming. I started playing around with Unity towards the end of v4.

That sparked an interest in me and I started messing around with UE4, Blender, Gimp and Inkscape. Now, even if I may be coming in a little late, I am working towards making my hobby a career. I have enrolled in just about all of the Udemy courses from Gamedev.tv and will continue to better my skills.

I also have an ear for and ability in music/SFX being a musician most of my life. So, after my partial lifeā€™s story Iā€™m looking forward to becoming a part of this community.

2 Likes

Welcome!

I look forward to seeing some of your work.

https://twitter.com/Tori_Domi

Hello everyone! Iā€™m Tori, a 2D illustrator trained in 2D animation hailing from the NYC area! I currently do freelance illustration and sell at cons, but have always wanted to make games and be a part of the gamedev scene in some way.

Iā€™ve taught myself basic Maya, but fell in love with the teamā€™s teaching style after completing whats available of Unity 2.0, so I picked up the Blender and RPG courses as well!

Even though I literally canā€™t remember a time before having my gameboy and SNES, I love and grew up on the early polygon eras, so games in the style of Spyro, Paper Mario, Chulip, ChibiRobo, Radiata Stories, Rayman The Great Escape, Psychonauts and etc. are the type that I want to emulate and inspire me the most. I highly recommend checking them out if you somehow havenā€™t, and will probably start some threads including a closer look at them someday!

Iā€™ve never been part of a forum before, but Iā€™m looking to challenge my comfort zone so, thanks for having me!

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Tori_Domi, you will find it to be a friendly and supportive environment.

Please do post any questions you may have, as often this helps other students too who didnā€™t want to be the first to ask.

Each category has a Showcase sub-category where you can share your work, if you wish to, and receive feedback from other members of the community.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

My name is Steven, and Iā€™m located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Iā€™m starting up with the Unity Dev 2.0 course, with the RPG Core Combat course lined up shortly after. Iā€™m looking to transition my passion of illustration, music, and game design into workable and hirable skillsets.

Mild-mannered bartender by night, similarly mild-mannered Dungeon Master for a long-running homebrew campaign by nights-off.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I thought I would take the opportunity to introduce myself to the community.

First off, my name is Josh, I am a 24 y/o male from Canada, and I am taking Mr. Tristemā€™s Unity Developer and Unreal Engine Developer courses. I have always been an avid gamer since I was very young and I thought I would really enjoy creating my own games. I saw these courses being offered and I just dove right in, I think it was a great decision! I donā€™t have any prior experience with coding or game developing but I am hoping to learn a lot via these courses, so far I think they are awesome.

There will be more to come from me in the future, but for now I am getting back to my courses.

Regards,

Josh

1 Like

Welcome to the community Josh :slight_smile:

Its a friendly and supportive place so feel free to ask if you have any questions and, if you are comfortable doing so, please share your games/creations with us.

Hello! Niles here from New York. !

Iā€™m currently taking Mr. Tristemā€™s Blender and Unity course and having a blast. Iā€™ve held off sharing in the community because Iā€™m having so much fun doing the course itself.

I will try and attach a screenshot of my Project Boost gameā€¦

Iā€™m looking forward to learning much more and becoming proficient with all this amazing software.

Thanks again Mr. Tristem and Team!!

-Niles

1 Like

Welcomes Niles and thanks for sharing the screenshot if your level, looking good and Iā€™m glad you are enjoying the course :slight_smile:

Hello, Mike from Arizona. Right now Iā€™m working on the Unity 2.0 course. Iā€™d gone through about 1/3 of the previous Unity course before getting sidetracked by something or other, so now Iā€™m starting from scratch with the new course. Iā€™ve got some programming experience from a couple classes, but nothing professional.

Hoping by the time Iā€™m done with this course that Iā€™ll have both the skills to make my own Games as well as a work routine established so I keep from getting lazy.

1 Like

Hi there everyone!
Guess here is where I have to introduce myself, soā€¦ Itā€™s Stella here from Spain, newbie and really curious about learning blender and unity just because I feel Iā€™m going to have a lot of fun, learn some really cool thingies and I am just going to like it lots, who knows maybe even make some friends along the journey from these courses.
See you all around and letā€™s start learning something new!
Cheers!

1 Like

Hello Eveyone,

Iā€™m Blair. Iā€™m from a small town in Saskatchewan, Canada. I just started the Unity 2.0 course. Itā€™s my second go round here. I started the Unity 1.0 course but life kinda sidetracked me. Iā€™m new to Unity but I already do a bit of web programming with JavaScript in my spare time.

Looking forward to learning Unity as games are the creative medium closest to my heart and Iā€™d love to be able to make even simple games by the end of this.

1 Like

My name is Johnny and Iā€™m from California. I just started the Unity 2.0 course and followed the advice to make a short intro post within the community. It will be good to have a supportive community, not just for answering questions but also to help get motivation to finish projects.

1 Like

Hi Johnny,

Welcome to the community. Itā€™s definitely a friendly and supportive environment and the more you put in the more youā€™ll get back.

I will look forward to seeing the work you share :slight_smile:

Hey everyone,

My name is Nuno, Iā€™m from Lisbon, Portugal.

Looking forward to getting to know this community! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

my name is Andrea and Iā€™m from Italy. Iā€™ve finished the Unreal course and just started the multiplayer one, and Iā€™ve been very pleased to discover that, behind those great courses, there was an even greater community.

Iā€™ve started the Unreal courses because I wanted to learn C++ and the engine and I already had previous experience with Unity and C#. Someday Iā€™ll probably purchase the Unity courses too for the useful information about game design and best practices in them.

Have a nice day and happy new year (and sorry for my bad english :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Hello everybody,

Iā€™m Jake hailing from rainy England.

Really excited to be getting stuck into the Unity 2 course and learning some c#, which I hope will also help with my web development as Iā€™m also learning the .Net framework!

Peace :v:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms