2023 Collab: Week 38 “Clutter” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 38 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Clutter”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-09-23T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

8 Likes

I could so win if a photo counted as an entry! :rofl:

9 Likes

Hey @NP5 are you a mind reader, because I was just thinking the EXACT same thing as I looked over at 3 piles of “stuff” I have to go through, and sort out.

5 Likes

10 Likes

I wasn’t certain if we were allowed to use other programs with our blender render, so I have both below. I really loved working on this, but we had a family emergency this week and I’m not sure if I’ll get to work on it anymore this week, so this is where I am calling it for now.

Blender only:

Lazy 5-minute modifications made in my art program:

I like the framing shadows, but I’m way too tired to properly highlight this. It almost looks better without this modification in my opinion.

Fun ‘behind the scenes’ :

It’s crazy to me that the lighting and the outlines change with my camera view so much sometimes.

One shot bit closer up without the blanket on him. Really proud of this little area.

Really loved this topic and making this image, thanks for the opportunity. Fun learning to play with the materials more and figure out how to do my lighting how I wanted it. Also, lots of fun filling a room with items. I had a small list of more items I wanted to add but I didn’t want to make this image too much larger overall and I couldn’t fit them in. I like the focus on the character still.

Please provide some feedback if possible or any thoughts! I’m terrible at composition and colors normally, so I’m trying to think about it a little bit more with each image put together.

8 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

The new subject week 39 “Something old” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Clutter” challenge may select a subject for next week 40 and win a badge.

1 Like

It’s not a problem to use different tools! The main idea is using Blender in all it’s aspects and learn from it. Like your “Framing shadows”. This can be done in Blender post-processing, look-up “Vignette”. Like blender post vignette at DuckDuckGo

3 Likes

@HobbyPirates Congratulations on winning the Blender GameDev Collab “Clutter”. The composition is very nice and the ‘Clutter’ story is well told.

• Myn - It was a close call. Great visual style, nothing wrong with it.
2 Likes

Privacy & Terms