2023 Collab: Week 22 “Fantastic park” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 22 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Fantastic park”.

• Fantastic park - Park - a large public green area in a town, used for recreation (dictionary). But how about a park in space, on another planet, or in another dimension? The concept of the park, or abstract park? Or just a park where you would like to take a walk, but no one will build such a fantastic project?
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 20 “Library” winner Kzanna

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-06-03T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

3 Likes

Low competition, maybe because of holidays or beautiful weather. So I created something quickly.
Just an image, with generated rocks, a texture, and some old assets. It doesn’t need that difficult. Just having fun.

8 Likes

Troll preserve :grin:

2 Likes

I have to admit, I’m not good at picking easy topics… and a master at making things difficult. I actually had a different idea for the park when I chose the theme. Simpler and easier. But when I did something completely different… :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I love this, it looks like the rainbow road track on Mario Kart

2 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

And the new subject week 23 “NCC-1701 U.S.S. ENTERPRISE” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Fantastic Park” challenge may select a subject for next week 24 and wins a badge.

4 Likes

unfortunately my computer is down and the laptop i’m using is too frustrating to use in blender, so waiting for some parts and need to order more maybe next month so until then, btw great workthe last couple of weeks

2 Likes

Thank you!
We were missing you.

1 Like

@Kzanna congratulations on your winning entry “Fantastic park”. It shows a really fantastic park. Even the clouds are procedural generated textures. Seeing this entry gave me a different look on “Fantastic parks”. Well done.

Fedpete you probably lost because of the strange Orc shadows… Didn’t anyone notice?
I used the Nishita sky texture, for global world lighting.
But also added a sun lamp to amplify the intensity.
I did a quick best guess to match the sun position and direction with the sky texture.
It worked (a bit), but introducing two shadows … I oversaw that.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms