2023 Collab: Week 2 "Rabbits, year of the rabbit" - VOTE CLOSED

My rabbit, Blender GameDev course July 2016

4 Likes

OK, I’m really liking this, as the grass is looking very natural, especially around the base of the tree, and the background (HDRi or whatever) is very distant, so I’d expect it to be blurry.

The only thing that’s got me going is the dark brown fur of your rabbit because it looks like chocolate, so it’s making me hungry for a snack. :grinning:

4 Likes

I wanted to add hair, etc. But the sculpted model, even after vertices reduction in combination with hair. Is too much for my machine. The only resort was to create a low poly, but I want to spend my time on another project.
So, this is it. “The ear of the rabbit.”

11 Likes

OakTree_SunNode2_14mins_30pc_50samples

Old but still rabbit complete with (y)ears.

11 Likes

The jade rabbit having a… mooncake?

10 Likes

Started modeling a rabbit today. Might look a bit awkward right now. But after finishing the feet, mouth, and slapping on some thick fur I think it will come out nice. Hope I have time to finish!

Update:

Feet and mouth finished and added some materials. Now on to the fur.

10 Likes

Looking good.

2 Likes

a skater rabbit sliding into 2023

12 Likes

Chocolicious

12 Likes

I’m not sure I’m going to have time to finish this one by the end of the week :frowning:

13 Likes

box modelled

could almost be a logo

a bit of sculpting still a ways to go though

8 Likes

Did you put up your 窗花 yet?

11 Likes

Hello guys! Hope all right!
This is my Roger Rabbit, I hope it lives up to the “Year of the Rabbit”
I was going to do more but my pc wasn’t cooperating (When I added a fur particle it crashed too much, so I made a simpler version of what I was doing, I think it turned out cool!

9 Likes

It looks very good.
Long time not seen Roger R. on screen.
Try to make it an active pose … like the example.

1 Like

Starting to see them on the doors over here

1 Like

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

And the new subject week 3 “Painting reproduction" has already started. The winner of this week’s “Rabbits, Year of the rabbit” challenge may select a subject for next week 4 and wins a badge.

1 Like

I’m mad at myself for not thinking of this before the deadline, because I think it makes it look a lot better. :man_facepalming:

I replaced the white walls–which were supposed to be plaster but just looked like nothing–with a stone brick texture. Too late for the challenge, but I thought I’d share the update anyway. Cheers

5 Likes

Both have something. Inside or outside a room …

It’s supposed to be outside looking in.

1 Like

Voting is done, our congratulations goes to @anastasions and @kidgokubr for their well sculpted entries.

• Joey_Cuevas - Great rabbit head, missing some whiskers. But an intriguing story “Rabbit eating the moon”.
  • NP5 - Good natural render and thoughtful scene. Could be more brighter (crisp) (maybe using auto brightness in Photoshop, Gimp, Krita?)
  • Tyger2 - Nice details, in or out side the building. Your last addition with bricks, is more interesting as 3D. But I like this one also (keeping it simple and to the point).
  • Joseph_Williams - I like the idea of a mechanical (spaceship) rabbit look-a-like. I would expect a bit more rabbit pose and scene set up.
  • sezpul - Great chocolate (Easter bunny) sculpt. Adding a body could improve the composition. Maybe with melting chocolate?
  • Fedpete - Funny idea, could use more details and effect (fur, surroundings, etc). More composition
  • Gordon - very nice head sculpt. Body I don’t know. Never seen a hair less rabbit. Adding hair could improved the model.
  • Willrun - I like your composition very much. Good choice of colors, well lit. Maybe a different way of placing the text (as clouds …?).

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone for any reason. I try to write down positive ideas and visions that I have in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms