My first plain grass CONE particle study

I didn’t even render it, but I like it already.

12 Likes

I did a second test run, now with Cycles render. 10 parents with 10 children and three grass particle systems.
I render 20% of the scene… 27minutes render time …
I like the results, but the time is worrying me. And I see the grass is flat because the Y-ax is up, but I didn’t compensated for it.

I need to go aways, so I do a full render, more perent / childs. And see tonight the results (i hope…)

7 Likes

Full test run 11 hour 30min.
3 grass particle systems, 40 parents, 30 children.
Light paths 130, but not enough, I see black squares.
And the eyes of the bunny are gone…

11 Likes

With the experience of the previous run, I did a new one. I fixed the hair on the bunny head. The eyes where gone. The sun light was too warm (black body 2500k). The background photo is much ‘cooler’. Fixed the Y-ax problem of the grass.
Lowered the number of rabbit hairs, lowered the number of grass particles. Increased the number of cycles.
And after 7 hours (4 faster that the previous one), I got this version.

44 Likes

Really vibrant scene!

1 Like

Love the modelling work, Pete! Looking forward to seeing the result.

I sould have scrolled down.

How did you get the tree bark to look like that? It’s very good

Just a texture photo of a tree bark. Then UV-mapped. I knew this trick already, but will learn it in the Church sections. Also the tree roots; select a face, extrude etc. But then you need to add seams as edges. For better UV-unwrap, also church section.

Micheal will learn how to use the tree tool modifier. But for a detail like this, I had to choose a different solution.

The only problem I had was to paint from one uv-map (roots), to uv-map tree trunk. That it was too much details, for this project. The rabbit section is render time consuming. And the tweak time is …
The church section is (my opinion) more time consuming in configuring everything, And keeping it under control.

Keep the spirit up and may your CPU be fast and greedy. :wink:

5 Likes

It’s gorgeous! I love the textures you’ve chosen.

3 Likes

Nice color on the grass

2 Likes

Very warming scene! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms