2023 Collab: Week 15 “Wings” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 15 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Wings”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-04-15T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

2 Likes

Old project. I do not participate.

11 Likes

Almost done

Final

8 Likes

Looking great so far!

1 Like

I made this crocodile a year ago but could use it till now.

7 Likes

I love the creativity on this, the details are also great, I feel as if the scene could use something else in the scene, but I can’t figure out what(trees, building, I’m not a blender artist so I not very good lol)incredible job on this scene!

1 Like

Thanks…
because of lack of time I couldn’t put more effort in putting buildings etc. Or in making scene better…

1 Like

Really like wings!
I think just adding trees is enough, making a forest line, above which this proud “bird” will soars

1 Like

It’s still really really good, definitely better than anything I could do that’s for sure lol.

1 Like

7 Likes

Looking pretty good, I love all of the details, and the shading is great as well.

1 Like

Luckily I saved this render before my laptop crashed and lost all my work. Not sure I can redo everything I had by the deadline but at least I have this version.

6 Likes

Worked on it a bit more. Here is the final rendition.

5 Likes

Loving it, the details and lighting are amazing, also a nicely put together scene.

1 Like

I think black background is better. Otherwise, a great angle, the candle is just real, and the dagger is magical! :heart_eyes:

I feel like the White Rabbit. I’m late, I’m late!!
These weekly challenges are incredibly helpful in helping to identify gaps in knowledge.

@Joey_Cuevas The Dragon! Fire-breathing dragon!! :heart_eyes:
It seems to me that it is worth trying a more dramatic angle, closer and like fire into the camera.

5 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 16 “Low poly nature” has already started. The winner of this week’s “xxx” challenge may select a subject for next week 17 and wins a badge.

1 Like

Despite there not being very many options, this was a hard vote for me😅

@Rao I originally said that you might need something else in you scene, but after more thought I think the scene looks good the way it is, the main thing for me is the dragon, good details especially on the wings with the layers of feathers, I also like the expression on the dragon :open_mouth:, wonderful job.

@visionary5 I really like how you constructed this scene, the lighting looks amazing, I kinda got an rpg feel from this one. The swords details are amazing, especially with the blade, it just has that clean and nicely designed feel, amazing work.

@Kzanna I really like what you did with the flowers, how they’re all around the characters. The fairies look simple on the body, yet detailed and intricate in the wings making for a perfect balance, also I love the lighting that’s shining in, excellent job.

@Joey_Cuevas Great details all around, I love what you did with the fireball, the lighting and color on that is incredible, I also like how the dragon is creeping from the dark, it gives the scene a little bit of suspense, fabulous work.

@Willrun You’re the only person who thought of these types of wings, however they look delicious, I like all the details packed into that little box, nicely constructed scene as well with food, drink, napkin and the receipt. It also took me a while to realize that there’s a biscuit, superb job.

When I do these in the future, I’m wondering whether it might be better to quote the picture and then say my words rather than doing @name

Congrats to everyone this week!

6 Likes

@Kzanna Congratulations on your winning entry on the subject of “Wings”. It’s a joyful scene and a great composition.

• visionary5 - An unexpected interpretation of wings. The table has lovely material details, I miss these kinds of details on the brass material of the dagger and hourglass.
  • Rao - Funny dragon. The wings have many details (feathers), which could be continued on the dragon’s body. And posing the dragon as if it’s flying, then you don’t need the tree.
  • Willrun - Tasty chicken wings! You could have zoomed in on the wings a bit. It’s more on the subject. Then you’ll see fewer floor tiles, which makes the place ‘hanging’ in the air.
  • Joey_Cuevas - Great project start, a lot of render work. The attention went to the center of the mountain. Set the camera closer to the point of interest, the dragon and flames. The mountain is just a prop for the main dragon character.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms