2022 Collab: Week 6 “Viking(s)” - CLOSED

oh… I was not expecting you to not recognize the Super Nintendo :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyways, I’ll try to get the next part (which is viking related) today.

3 Likes

I still have a retail copy of IBM DOS 5.00. :smiley:

3 Likes

You know, it would probably take me a couple/few hours to find it, but I’m sure I still have mine too. :wink:

2 Likes

The craziest thing is that you can still use the shutdown.exe, with all the same parameters, even with Windows 11. It was a horrible trick, but I used to mess with friends and non-friends by putting a hidden .bat file in the “All Users” startup folder… Terrible, I know, but I was young and it was fun.

1 Like

Oh you’re bad sir, really bad! :grinning:

1 Like

I couldn’t find a single good image of this game cartridge so I had to put together my own version… looks close enough. And finally Vikings…Yes! I know! Not enough Viking yet… but it’s not done!

10 Likes

I have the opposite problem of @NP5, I am not quite old enough to recognize the game :laughing:
I like it though! All you need are the cords :grin:

2 Likes

It’s the second-ever made game of a game company called Blizzard… yep, the same one that makes World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, StarCraft (one of my all Time faves)…

Also, if you never played Rock n’ Roll Racing… this game is amazing!

2 Likes

I knew it would ne Lost Vikings lol

2 Likes

I’ve played it to, Amiga 1000.

1 Like

Hey, maybe this could help. It’s from cartrige box, but they looks almost similar.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve got a lot of work to do before the end of the week, so here is my final result. It was created based on the blueprints of real Gokstad ship from the book “Viking Ships” by Jochen von Firks. I had big problems with the fog - I tried to create full smoke simulation, but Blender crashed every time I tried to render it. So there is simplistic version.
I’ve tried different HDRs but haven’t decided which one looks better.

WIP’s

15 Likes

Yep, that’s basically what I did but I used the European version.

This is looking pretty good =)

This is looking great. I think I prefer the 2nd image, with the red “smoke” and sparks. It’s just got that story telling vibe to it more than the other renders.

3 Likes

Hi, we (I) have some rules about the last entry posted, to be used in the vote.
Can you be clear, what your final entry will be.
You can change it, until I have the time to build the vote.

1 Like

I’m agree with Digitz - 2nd image will be the final entry.

2 Likes

Very nice ship with fun attention to detail. I like the differently colored shields and wolf figure. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Now we just need @Digitz’s viking character manning it!

4 Likes

No dragons flying over it?

2 Likes

Hey everyone, love what you all made so far! This is what I worked on, it’s my first time making a full project with 3D art and I like this, but I think it is a bit shallow and not sure what makes it feel like that. Does anyone have any feedback and things I could improve upon?

This might be my submission for this week, depending on how much time I have tomorrow.

10 Likes

Privacy & Terms