2022 Collab: Week 43 "Abstract Art" - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 43 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Abstract Art”.

• “Abstract Art” - Abstract art uses a visual language of shape, form, color, and line to create a composition that may exist with a degree of independence from visual references in the world.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 41 “Volcano” winner: Tyger2

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-10-29T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

3 Likes

Won’t be able to do Windmill in time for sure, but had made two abstract art sometimes back.

Submitting one!

This one is based on the concept of Sanskrit philological concept of ‘Hiranyagarbha’ that means ‘Cosmic Womb’ (well not word to word in essence but something close).

Submitting …!!

Note: I am not sure why .png is taking up a white background at this forum, and that is destroying the whole conceptual view! If anyone knows how to post .png in as it is form (not being converted to .jpeg as is happening) please do tell me ! It will be a great help!

7 Likes

It’s because your image contains a alpha channel (transparent background).
The site removes it and makes it white.

2 Likes

… looks more a wallpaper

10 Likes

There is no Alpha!

Tried multiple option, but this site is converting all .png to .jpeg!

4 Likes

This is another one!

Would leave it on to the forum to suggest which one should I submit as final

7 Likes

.PNG contains the alpha, then the sites makes it .JPG and the alpha becomes white.

5 Likes

Oh!

Thank you so much for the information!

2 Likes

Decided to go with a more traditional abstract landscape, similar to these Wanted to get a real contrast between swirly, undulating landscape and simple geometric structures, which sounds much more impressive than the result lol.

6 Likes

So funny started off with the first 2 as concepts but decided to go with the latter

Very similar to yours, nothing new under the sun as they say

Developing this one

10 Likes

True!

Nothing new under the Sun.

Things are going on and on since billions / trillions of years! Who knows since when.

1 Like

10 Likes

:crazy_face:

9 Likes

10 Likes

Looks like a fun place nice

1 Like

7 Likes

5 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 44 “Frontiers and Exploration” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Dutch Windmills” challenge may select a subject for next week 45 and wins a badge.

1 Like

@Gordon Congratulations on your abstract art submission. It is a colorful journey in an imaginary world. I even see Susanne lurking. Well done.

• FedPete - I think it’s too simple in design. The color gradient could be more stretched. Also, the background looking mechanical (repetitive), could be more natural. Like seaweed.
  • Simon_McCaffery - Unreal landscape, great subject choice. I think it needs more color variation in the same hue. To make the cracks, hills, and terrain more visible. The composition looks good.
  • Willrun - An abstract form of an abstract. Would like to see more (3D) depth, in the tunnel of words. By playing with light and or shape.
  • zeRgenTa - Yin/Yang torus is a nice idea. Pointing the viewer’s eye to the center. But I miss some context of the center rock …
  • Joey_Cuevas - Colorful scene, but it doesn’t catch the attention. It lacks some sort of 3D depth. Bright in the middle, darker at the outside borders.
  • umishrak - I immediately was thinking about spirograph. I miss the 3D factor (we are using Blender).
  • TheDespicableDM - The red bar intrigues me. While other bars have a visible 3D shape. The red bar is more of an emission type. You should have explored this more. Also playing with different lengths of bars. Maybe a nice idea for our next collab challenge is “Geometric nodes”.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone for any reason. I try to write down positive ideas and visions that I have in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms