2022 Collab: Week 44 "Frontiers and Exploration" - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 44 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Frontiers and Exploration” .

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-11-05T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

6 Likes

Explorer FR-0

15 Likes

WIP

5 Likes

WIP-Update:

6 Likes

Time ran out, so here is my submission. Long time no blender, so it all went pretty frustrating and aimless. My plan was to take an old abandoned project, which just had completely blank landscape. Perfect to make somebody explore it. Wanted to rig the figure and put him in an interesting pose, sadly i forgot how to rig properly and messed it up. Doing the nebula and dust was fun, but something looks off with that, can´t really tell what exactly. I like the scene nonetheless, it´s easy to spin a story around it i guess.

Have a great weekend everybody :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I don’t know if the deadline is closed. But the time thing says 3:55 PM but I don’t know if that adjusts for timezones automatically. Anyways it’s 1:57 AM right now. I was planning on working more on this today. But hahaha I’m worried it’s too late.

8 Likes

Just add your entry(ies).
In about 24h I will create the vote. On that moment it’s really closed :wink:

it’s officially closed at 00:00 tonight, but then I probably sleep. So tomorrow I will gather the entries and form a vote. So if vote is created, then no more entries accepted.
You have still time …

3 Likes

Old abandoned animation project. Exploring Earth.

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/450709039

6 Likes

I got Thunderbirds and the new 3D-version vibes.

The ultimate Antarctic exploration vehicle:

9 Likes

I saw the subject for this colab tonight and thought about a portal for some reason. This lead thinking about a civilization that sacrifices people in an old portal in order for these “pioneers” to find new more prosperous worlds to live in. This portal has been there for as long as anyone can remember and nobody has ever came back. But they remain optimistic :+1:

I have two versions. A cleaner unaltered version:

And one with volumetric lighting and textures. I left the light graininess there on purpose. I think it looks better without the denoising in this case.

Which version do you like better?

7 Likes

I miss some shadows … just a little tweak … :wink:

1 Like

Remember I will use the last entry.

1 Like

Thanks, I like it a lot better with a little shadows.

4 Likes

Cool Idea! For me it is the First one. My eyes directly Focus on the Pioneer who falls. In the second one the lightest spot in top also Puts emphasis on the Person above. So my brain basically reads two different themes. First one “sacrifice”, second one “Display of Power”. Nice renders, but i’d never Interpret the Exploration aspect without given the Backstory. I really Like the Base Idea though. What would Work for me to visually read the Story would be to See, that another world, or maybe Something Like a corridor, ließ behind the Portal.

4 Likes

I also think the first one is more visually appeling. So I’ll make that as my final submission @FedPete. And I also agree with you @Kasimir, it doesn’t really fit the subject that well. But this is just what I ended up with tonight :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

wanted to do a bit more but no more time today

5 Likes

You even made an animation. I missed that! Awesome :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

It’s cool you kind of found your style. I always recognize one of your renders

1 Like

Privacy & Terms