2022 Collab: Week 4 “Chocolate”, CLOSED

I’ve seen her videos before, but it’s been years. This one certainly looks like fun, but I doubt I’ll be trying it, as I’m not sure I could make the balloons like she has them.

2 Likes

This reminds me that I made some blueberries once too. lol
If folks want I’ll share the .blend file.
I did stencil texture painting for the blueberry material though, so no big node tree on that one.

2 Likes

FINAL, no really… this time it’s the final! ~I think~

11 Likes

Final

9 Likes

wow…

3 Likes

TBH it’s not that bad.
From bottom to top (it’s easier to explain this way):

• last 4 rows: add different-sized holes and displace the geometry
  • next row: creates an overall noise to the texture to hide the holes imperfections and add it to the bump
  • next row: changes the colors on the bump imperfections by making the bottom slightly darker than the top
  • 2 first rows: Add slightly different colors, random and on the z-axis (the bottom is slightly less cooked than the top)

And that’s it, it’s big because I needed to add different holes sizes =/

Final:

Summary

The pattern on the plate and the leaves were not mine, but free images I found online. Everything else made in Blender with a couple tutorials of help :slight_smile:

Not the most chocolaty image, but fancy anyway. I had some trouble figuring out what to make, was originally experimenting with chocolate fluid, but halfway through the week stumbled on this chocolate bowl idea and went with it. Critiques, as always, are very welcome! :grin:

9 Likes

Very nice as are all the very fancy foods this collab! Lots in this with the spoon plate berries underneath etc.

3 Likes

Is it PBR or Procedural Texture on the Plate?

2 Likes

I love that we both did the same strawberry tutorial and they came out as if they were completely different techniques. Hahaha

Also, it feels they are the maisnsubject of your story, which is cool.

Now for the thing I didn’t like:
The plate texture has too much bump (or feel like it has). This would be painful to clean.

3 Likes

It’s just the standard bsdf with a few tweaks, and then with the gold pattern as an image overlayed on top. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh… I thought why it has that lot of bump.

It is overpowering. Metallic seems to be at higher end.

2 Likes

Tourists in Brussels.

8 Likes

Me booking a trip to Brussels

2 Likes

Great image and good to have you back participating Blest.

2 Likes

Oh Blest, you just made my day!

My favorite cookies are by a company here in the U.S. called Pepperidge Farm, who name a lot of their cookies after cities throughout Europe, and for me the best ones are . . . Brussels. :grinning:

3 Likes

Please send some to Brazil, thanks

3 Likes

Your “Chocolate” order …

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 5 " Futuristic transportation has already started. The winner of this week’s “Chocolate” challenge may select a subject for week 6, 2022.

1 Like

Tbh, I love the entries for this challenge. They are all really different and so good in their own way :heart:

3 Likes

incredibly good this week. i am impressed and intimidated at the same time by all the good contributions.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms