2022 Collab: Week 4 “Chocolate”, CLOSED

Tourists in Brussels.

8 Likes

Me booking a trip to Brussels

2 Likes

Great image and good to have you back participating Blest.

2 Likes

Oh Blest, you just made my day!

My favorite cookies are by a company here in the U.S. called Pepperidge Farm, who name a lot of their cookies after cities throughout Europe, and for me the best ones are . . . Brussels. :grinning:

3 Likes

Please send some to Brazil, thanks

3 Likes

Your “Chocolate” order …

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 5 " Futuristic transportation has already started. The winner of this week’s “Chocolate” challenge may select a subject for week 6, 2022.

1 Like

Tbh, I love the entries for this challenge. They are all really different and so good in their own way :heart:

3 Likes

incredibly good this week. i am impressed and intimidated at the same time by all the good contributions.

2 Likes

Nooo, don’t be intimidated! You’ll never know what you can do if you don’t try. Also, the idea of the Collab is to help and push each other further

4 Likes

Great entries again, really a toss up which to vote for.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree with you more! This is DEFINITELY going to be hard to choose just one favorite. ~sigh~

3 Likes

Ohh… So low on scores!

Never thought I simulated that Bad!

Will improve on simulations, and seems no point putting forth differences of PBR and Procedural.

Next time, I will go by the Visuals.

That’s helpful for my machine too!

1 Like

By voting patterns, thinking of that one person who voted in my favor.

1 Like

I was originally trying to do a simulation as well, just turned out to be harder than expected.

Doesn’t matter!

It’s about visuals!

Well, then why 3D, Game Engines et - al?

Photoshop is not bad !

1 Like

Because it is cheaper than hiring a photo studio and or preparing the scene in real life.
With 3D you can easily exchange objects etc.
If you see a magazine with kitchen design, it’s probably 3D. Or furnature.

3 Likes

Yes I was surprised a while ago when I read how much stuff in catalogues and adverts is all rendered models now not apparently simple photos.

3 Likes

That limits the scope of 3D then. Photo studios still exists and may be will continue existing.

May be, I am wrong or may be it is rendering that has a very limited scope.

So putting less pressure on machine and saving the compute power for something better makes more sense.

1 Like

Artist already made beautiful things, with less hardware then nowadays.
I think is’t all about experience and creativity on how to solve technical things.
I have a simple laptop. But capable of doing nice projects. I keep track of my vertices number count.
But even if you have a high end machine, then still you need to be low on vertices.
More vert doesn’t mean better projects. It all about how you spend them.

3 Likes

I am rather thinking something else, aloud albeit.

This way, we all are harnessing a limited potential of Blender, that I feel is restricting our own learning and capabilities (of both ours as well as of Blender).

Thinking, can we have a Collab 2 kind of collaboration, where everyone interested, starting from one who have joined the course today, where we create our own assets, environments, simulations, architectural structures, characters, rig and animation together on a script, render and present to the world? and the world may also include Blender itself!

It will be a great learning not only on artistic way but also on the way a large project is to be taken!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms