2022 Collab: Week 36 "Steam locomotive" - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 36 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Steam locomotive”.

• A steam locomotive is a locomotive that provides the force to move itself and other vehicles by means of the expansion of steam. It is fuelled by burning combustible material to heat water in the locomotive’s boiler to the point when it becomes gaseous and its volume increases 1,700 times.
  • Subject selected by the previous week’s 34 “Amusement park item" winner: ServiceTech

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-09-10T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

Old project of mine “Steam-airplain-train” (I will not participate). Goal was to make it a bit “Steampunk”, but I ran out of time.

13 Likes

Hello,

Although I see dozens errors just looking at it, this steam locomotive was my first “real” project after (I guess) 6 learning sections with Mikey, some tutorials from outside sources and many hours spent playing with Blender. I know it is useless, almost completely created from n-gons and probably with hundreds of overlapping issues (since I didn’t know about snapping tool back then), but still I was proud of it, and I still kind of am.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum and the collab!

You still have a week more or less to make improvements! See how much better you are now than then.

4 Likes

i have a project that i dont think is done. but i dont know wat to add. ive got textures and i dont know if they are either detailed enough

i have been looking throught the hall of fame, and i realised that i have NO idea how any of it is made. the node thingies in shading? the only thing i can do with them is add an enviromental background.

1 Like

A little project inspired by the movie Hugo and a few steampunk aspects

12 Likes

Enter it, ask for help if need be, part of the point of the collab, others will advise and help.

1 Like

Not remotely going to be done for the collab, or this year probably knowing me. :joy:
Thought I would do a ‘simple’ one the first one.

I found this great reference from a model engineer site. Ten or more pages of measuered drawings. Ok, I did not do any checking that it is roughly right but odds are such a person would have known what he was about. Down to the last bracket!

So I had to take it on, progress is slow, but fun trying to get it all right.

So will not be an entry. :grin:

12 Likes

Wow your reference does look very detailed. Your model is already looking good, finish what you can and enter it.

Also, you have Possibly the best naming convention I have seen yet.

4 Likes

Wow what an undertaking! So intricate. I agree with @ServiceTech , very nice project organization.

2 Likes

Here’s mine for this week.