2022 Collab: Week 24 “Summer vacation" - VOTING CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 24 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Summer vacation”.

• How do you spend your “Summer vacation”?
  • Subject selected by the previous week 22 “Fairy Tail" winner: Blest

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-06-18T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

3 Likes

Hey everybody! This is what I have so far:

I tried to make it look like the ocean is flowing out of the screen, but I’m not sure how to make the water actually come out of the screen. Every time I try to mess around with the shape of the water it ends up going back to a square, so I think I’ll leave learning fluids for a different time, unless someone knows how to do it and it’s actually super easy? :smiley:

7 Likes
  • You could go for just sculpting?
2 Likes

Ha, I have no idea how to sculpt… I’ll try to mess around with this fluid system for now.

1 Like

Old project from 2019. Using prop’s from a movie.

See stress-pool animation.

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/314838272

7 Likes

Summer vacation is a great time to barbecue in the back yard! Get your classic Weber “Kettle” Grill today. Complete with removable lid, and comes in two colors.

Didn’t have time for a full scene this week, but still wanted to get something in, so this one is really just a single object/asset.

6 Likes

Love the HDRI !

2 Likes

Thanks! I thought it helped a lot with the reflections, though I couldn’t get it to cast a shadow I liked, so I had to add a sun too. Never mind the dual suns in the reflection, the picture was taken on Tatooine! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is a really cool idea. I don’t know much about fluid sim, but to make it seem like it’s coming out of the screen: how about setting it up where the screen is actually a hollow box instead of a flat image, and the source of the water was inside the box? Then the water actually would come out of the screen.

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s a great idea! I’ll give that a try and post the results :smiley:

1 Like

That’s awesome! Love the materials

1 Like

I decided to spend my vacation in the mountains!

9 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 25 “Animals” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Album cover” challenge may select a subject for week 26.

1 Like

@Nimue Congratulations on your beautiful winning entry from the Blender collab “Summer Vacation”. Your low poly have beautiful details and a lot of variations with tiny details. Rabbits, flowers, trees … so much fun. Your scene layout is well thought out. It’s an excellent example of what you can do with a hand full of vertices.

• Fedpete - Some explanation: The sand is based on particles. And with those particles I creates a bitmap texture. So the sand particle in front of the images, gradually fades into the bitmap version of the those particles. Even it looks like so, but only the water part are particles, the rest is a homemade texture.
  • Tyger2 - great models plus render. I miss a T-bone steak?
  • Daniel05 - Having a great idea and realizing it, can be a struggle. Just practice a lot. Understand Blender’s features better so you can parse the elements of your idea. And turn it into Blender functions to create your fantasy.
1 Like

Privacy & Terms