2022 Collab: Week 1 “Glassware” - CLOSED

The way you implemented that displacement looks great on that plate. The whole scene looks good. Maybe add a very slight volumetric atmosphere to finish the realism. So slight that the eyes might not really see it, but the brain registers the fog.

3 Likes

I love this idea a lot

1 Like

How is that?

I added volumetric and some window like light. Looks deeper :slight_smile: But has dark area on the right

8 Likes

That’s really well done and the crackers are fine.

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/fxODjPnJbs4 here it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your best “Glassware”

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 2 " Desert has already started. The winner of this week’s “Glassware” challenge may select a subject for week 3, 2022.

4 Likes

Just a rough something )

11 Likes

Just a rough great, Blest :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

OK, I just had a very, very, very, hard time choosing which entry to vote for. This is a really good group of renders, each in its own way representing Glassware.

7 Likes

I had to vote for @Mateusz because he really put some effort into it, the only thing missing IMHO was an Oil Paint texture. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Wow!
They’re getting busy after that pint of mead :smiley:

3 Likes

I agree with previous comments. It was beautifully active Collab. And work presented by everybody is amazing. This group is getting more active every week. I like that :slight_smile:
Looking forward for next week already. Who’s gona make the best sand? :grinning:

8 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

So many really excellent entries this week. Very difficult to vote.

4 Likes

Hi. Thank you everybody for participation.
I have question regarding my entry.
I’ve made grapes shader using nodes. What are your honest thoughts? How does it look to you? What could I change?

3 Likes

I liked it very much.

The grape shader is very realistic.

3 Likes

I agree with @umishrak as in real life there at least 3 colors for grapes: purple, green and red, so your grapes shader is looking very good to me.

3 Likes

The shader looks good. But the individual grapes are still the same. This should have a little variance in shape, translucency (subsurface), color.

1 Like

@Mateusz Congratulations for your beautiful composition. You’re showing a good understanding of glass and how to make it more lively. The silver/metal blends nicely with the glass. It is a well lit scene. A great starter for this new year of Blender collab!

• simgen - Nice, warm colors. But I miss a bit of dynamic in the scene composition. It’s a frontal view and the masonry give a lot of noise to the scene because it’s at the border, It think just plaster would be better, more attention to the window.
  • ZachDude - I can say much about this technically. Maybe the print on the glass side. I think it is duplicated, which make it blurry.
  • igorfy - I really like your glass concept and idea. I find it well executed. The heat is visible, but maybe adding heat distortion with Blender post compositor could have given more realism. The left ‘spots’ are too much I think.
  • Digits - Great glass scene. But I miss tiny something. It’s too clean for now. The lighting is exiting, but a bit too dark in the front (on my monitor).
  • FoolishJester - It is a fine ‘clean’ bottle in a clean room. Maybe the scene it too clean. The fluid looks like powder. A pity you didn’t have the time to improve this.
  • Jack_Mak_Morn - Lovely butterfly, the wings could be more natural. Using bezier curves … Now it give a mechanical feel.
  • Willrun - I’m glad you added more composition to your original concept. Improve the lighting. You have such a nice candle holder, use that. The “mancave” sign is to much, doesn’t fit the scene.
  • Enodes - Happy new year to you too! Look at how others make a story, a composition to look at.
  • NP5 - Fun idea, but it deviated too much from the original subject. And maybe you needed more time to enhance the elements used. But I’m glad you’ve participated.

A personal note. Subjects like these are too complex on my hardware. And I have less time to spend on Blender (new job, less home).

7 Likes

Privacy & Terms