2022 Collab: Week 1 “Glassware” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 1 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Glassware”.

• Glassware and I mean that in the broadest sense of the word. Kitchen glassware, crystal glassware, bar glassware, laboratory glassware, etc. There are many types of glassware, the point is for everyone that participates to have fun with glass materials.

• Subject selected by the previous week 51 “Default Cube” winner: Digitz

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-01-08T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

8 Likes

15 Likes

Maybe, add some wine stains …?

I think the base is rather small. Very prone to being knocked over. Glass is working well.

2 Likes

WIP:
I’m planning on adding some glass-making tools and some charcoals to finish the scene. Any feedback?
Please let me know if I’m stretching too much outside the main theme since it’s the first time I’m doing anything like this.
Anyways, I’m having a lot of fun figuring out how to do it, I had to research for basically everything you see here (yes, even textures).

13 Likes

Completely the point of these Collabs.

Certainly perfectly within the rules or concepts of the collab. Glassware has to be made!

Oh and it is a great job you have made of this scene so far!

3 Likes

update:
Charcoals + Some tools + Color correction

I want to add some more tools but I’m not sure I’ll have time today since I wasted a long time researching how to add some fire burns to the furnace (I was not able to find anything)

11 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, it’s always welcome.

10 Likes

Looking much better, I’d make the wine a little bit more red and maybe add some dust/fingerprint texture to make it more realistic (if that’s what you’re looking for)

Also, I’m not sure if blender can do it, but some caustics would be nice

1 Like

@Enodes wine is a pretty straight forward shader. Looks like you got the glass part with a bit of color, but Volume Absorption to the Volume Material Output node really brings it to life.

@igorfv One of the Blender 3.1, D13533 to be exact has, is capable of caustics in Cycles. Previous to that, it has to be faked in some ways.

I was playing with the version of Blender that can do caustics and this is what happened:

15 Likes

Beautiful, looks like an old master painting.

3 Likes

Ohhh, this is really cool

1 Like

It’s incredible what Blender is capable of now. I started just as 2.8 was becoming LTS and the changes that have happened just in the last couple years blow me away.

2 Likes

I played around with 3ds max when I was 15 to 16 years old, so…18 years ago =(
Everything was hard and render times were huge (I had a potato computer). I’m finding it amazing how easy and responsive blender is, being able to do that image after only 1-week studying and 18 years without touching any modeling software is amazing.

4 Likes

I’ve only been doing this for 2 years. No previous experience and no real artistic abilities until I started using Blender. It’s been a magical ride. lol

3 Likes

Here is my submission. Definitely no where compared to the others already submitted lol but it was fun giving this a go and I got to struggle with fluids some, so that was something haha!

Time to get back to work on some other projects as I slowly recover from this illness.

Great work everyone, seriously blown away and will be a hard vote!

14 Likes

I’m going to need to see some ID :wink:

about a little more than half way done

12 Likes

I think you will need to see to se some therapist if your bottles started to float above the sink :joy:

4 Likes

Than you did a good job improvising. It feels worm from where I seat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms