2022 Collab: Week 8 “Cyberpunk" - CLOSED

Oh, I just noticed the coin you mentioned before. Nice detail!

1 Like

Very cool like the trainers

1 Like

Update:

It’s taken so much time to get to this point that I don’t have much room left for the cyberpunk aspect of it. :man_shrugging:
I plan to add more holograms and fog for atmosphere. Other than that, what can I do in the next day or so to improve it and make it more ‘cyberpunky’? :thinking:

15 Likes

@ZachDude This looks awesome already! I would add… NEON. Andrew Price (Blender Guru) has a good tutorial on it, if you are interested :slight_smile: Other than that, I am impressed by how good you are at this! Awesome!

5 Likes

Thank you! I feel I can only take partial credit since I followed a tutorial pretty closely though.
Neon is an excellent idea, I will add some, thank you! :grin:

4 Likes

A floaty car or something robotic, even if a discarded cybernetic arm?

3 Likes

Final:

Summary

Some materials are Substances from Substance Designer, which I unfortunately didn’t have the time or experience to make from scratch. Others, like the metal for the stairs I did procedurally in Blender. All else done I made in Blender, with a great deal learned from a single tutorial here: Modeling Buildings In Blender - YouTube. :slight_smile:
The energy drink ad was made by Andrew Price in a tutorial, I shamelessly took it as a hologram :laughing:

This took a bunch of hours :laughing:
Two assets reused, the recycling bin from the Recycling collab, and my weird space chair from the Futuristic Transportation collab.
I got more experience modeling in Blender with modularity in mind, and this was my first time using fog, which was great!

11 Likes

Other thing i was doing just wasn’t going to be finished in time, so started this yesterday

7 Likes

The recycled vehicle fits incredibly well with the whole composition.

1 Like

I don’t even know where to start. I was almost finishing this work, working with lighting, when I found out that my country unleashed this disgusting war.
I don’t support our crazy leader’s decision. I have relatives, friends, loved ones in Ukraine. Moreover, I myself am a quarter Ukrainian. And now I am very ashamed of my people, of Russia, who, for some reason, decided to start a fratricidal war.
I’m crying. Sorry.

Perhaps it is wrong to bring politics into work. But I can’t just sit there.

Almost all 3D models in my work are mine. I couldn’t make a mesh of the hands - I didn’t have enough knowledge of anatomy, so I took them from my copy of Borderlands 2. But bones, shaders, nails and cyberimplants on hands - are mine.

The gun is modeled after the “Lizzie” from Cyberpunk 2077. Lots of Cyberpunk 2077 inspiration and a poster by Anna Podedworna - I pasted it in the background.

First time working with hair. Looks like it worked out well. I am especially proud of the ashtray with cigarettes - it turned out to be realistic by chance. There are many inconspicuous details in the eye - they can be seen on WIP.

Drawing makeup in reality is much easier than in 3D.

The hand skin shader is much more complex than it looks.

That’s all. Stay people.

12 Likes

No problem to talk about this. At least we are talking to each other. I have family in Belarus, with unbelievable discussions. Some of them are completely brainwashed. They say there is no war … (no signs on TV and the government said so).
It is all about governments and how they treat their own civilians. Not individual persons. So if you want to talk about this, make a thread in the “talk” section. I wish you all the strength to overcome this difficult period.

5 Likes

It’s hard not to talk about it. And I wish things were as easy as saying one country is wrong and the other one is right. Unfortunately this situation is the result of a decade of terrible decisions made by power-hungry white men.

Just take care if you’re in the middle of it or have family and friends in the region. We’re one stupid decision away from escalating it =(

Anyways, I’ll try to finish my entry and start on the new one as soon as possible. I don’t have as much free time as I wish I had.

4 Likes

Maybe a little more dystopia than cyberpunk but still…

10 Likes

Gosh, I swear I modeled this laptop in 5 minutes… I’m feeling like a speedrunner here!

Anyways, here is the final!

Summary

Grenades and 3 boxes were not modeled by me. Same for the 2 computer screen images and the Akira image.

I modeled everything else.
The texture is a mix from I made from scratch and I got one and modified it until it fits what I needed.

11 Likes

Vote for Cyberpunk

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 9 " Antique has already started. The winner of this week’s “Cyberpunk” challenge may select a subject for week 10.

2 Likes

Very nice set of entries all good and different.

5 Likes

I know, it’s going to be hard voting for this challenge. :thinking:

4 Likes

Blender collab friends, we congratulate @Lintari and @ZachDude for their winning entries.

• Lintari, you give us a fresh and colorful look on Cyber and Punk, Integrating the digital world as a daily business. “You need to look good, before starting the job …”.
  • ZachDude, you’ve created a desolate scene. Good reuse of objects and a really nice composition (tilted camera). Very nice details in material usage and lighting.

• Yee, my personal favorite. It’s a pity that is only a diorama. Place it in a street (back wall etc.), fill the scene!
  • igorfy, I think your original object gets lost because other details are distracting from the center. “Don’t Touch”, Akira, blue screen, red screen. The subject is connected to the tissue box and monitor.
  • Willrun, I think it’s more a spacy thing than cyberpunk. Improve the lighting of the earth.
  • mimisybean, nice scene. Try to improve the bottom dark part. (Or cut it off?)
  • sezpul, a very dystopian scene, I think it needs more “Punk” part, maybe adding a cyborg nurse …
  • Blest, it is a very nice Cyberpunk concept weapon. It has all the aspects of combining old and new techo. But it is too simple, you’ve could easily build a scene around it. I know you are able to do some storytelling …
6 Likes

@Yee creation was also my favourite.I think the only lacking point in the scene is the fact that this scene depends on the movement but the frame conveys none. Maybe, you could’ve use some motion blur or/and a slightly different angle.

I love it anyways.

3 Likes

Yeah, I totally agree, the composition to convey the movement was way off.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms