2021 Collab: Week 51 “Default Cube” - CLOSED

nice one… I too followed this course…
i used this in one of my animation also.

:grinning:

8 Likes

Nice one!

I now remember, this alien was also in that course. Am I recalling right?

Loved this piece.

1 Like

yes… :grinning:
I love Alex Cordebard 's courses.

2 Likes

Thank you for everything.

Yes, I searched in my learning lists, it is most certainly Alex Cordebard.

Very thankful of your reminding!

1 Like

Technicube

One extrusion, four loop cuts, one bevel and one subdivision modifier.
Sprinkle with displacement and voila!

12 Likes

Ah, the miracle is of displacement!

Rebel. Cube sphere!

9 Likes

There is always one :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

It made me laugh bro. :rofl:
Animations like that are the best.

1 Like

6 cubes. One logo extrusion. Particle system and a wind. Tadaaam :slight_smile:

14 Likes

13 Likes

How much time did this take?

Roughly 3 hours, it could have taken less than an hour and a half but I messed up twice; once I had to redo the entire thing, the second time I had to redo all the green.

It took 1863 cubes to create.
Captura de Pantalla 2021-12-19 a la(s) 8.57.24

3 Likes

3 hours is way less than I was expecting.

2 Likes

Default GameCube

11 Likes

smart thinking …

1 Like

Vote for “Default Cube”

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the last subject this year, week 52 " Snowman has already started. The winner of this week’s “Default Cube” challenge may select a subject for week 1 (the first of this new year 2022).

1 Like

Congratulations goes to @Digitz for his ‘Borg’-like Default cube. It’s a mysterious construct, colourful and lots of tiny details. Great entry for such a simple subject.

• Rao, it was an old project. But the animation did the trick!
  • Yee, loving this one. First I thought you used a displacement routine (it can be done!). I think it could use improved light and or texturing.
  • Mateusz, great idea, maybe more wind (blow) effect. As in moving objects.
  • umishrak, fun figure. Add more object to give us a story. Why is he smiling, or walking towards …
  • FedPete, reflective materials and glowing tubes, give a lot of visual mess. Try to simplify.
  • Enodes, fun idea, but too simple I think. Bevel the cubes for example.
  • NP5, I like the reflection/highlights. But is has less ’ Cube’ feel.
  • Willrun, expected a higher score.
4 Likes

I agree. I was thinking to add motion blur to it but it became to complicated for me yet. It would take a lot of experimenting. To get it right I would have to make cubes fly fast from the source “mother cube” and gradually slow down as they settle down in the destination. Would be blurred on the right and les and les toward the left. It would be a quick thing to do if I already knew procedure. But now you mentioned it. I will be tinkering with falloff. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never played with it yet, but there is a Directional Blur node for post processing in Compositor. Might be a more simple way for you to get the effect you’re looking for.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms