2021 Collab: Week 29 “Jewelry” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 29 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Jewelry”.

• Jewelry - Jewellery or jewelry consists of decorative items worn for personal adornments, such as brooches, rings, necklaces, earrings, pendants, bracelets, and cufflinks. Jewellery may be attached to the body or the clothes. From a western perspective, the term is restricted to durable ornaments, excluding flowers for example. For many centuries metal such as gold often combined with gemstones, has been the normal material for jewellery, but other materials such as shells and other plant materials may be used

• Subject selected by the previous week 27 winner Digitz - “High Altitude”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-07-24T21:55:00Z

1 Like

5 Likes

I am disappointed.
After the Forest and Meadow company I would have liked to see the new management as diamond mining company. :wink:

2 Likes

:rofl: … maybe … :laughing:

1 Like

8 Likes

:joy: my favorite :+1:

Hi everyone!

It was not listed but i hope crown counts as jewelry :joy:

Edit: Minor improvements on light and smoothed edges.

10 Likes

Very welcome to participate the ‘list’ is only for getting reminders, notifications. Ask FedPete to be added!

1 Like

Oh no, i meant the part where FedPete listed the type of jewelleries included for the collab :laughing:

2 Likes

Looks like worn buy Loki, from the Marvel “Thor” movies.
Great entry, you can still add improvements, if you like.
Only the last entry, will be used for the vote.

Have fun!

1 Like

It’s just a quote from a Wiki page …

1 Like

7 Likes

Hi everyone! Nice to be back for this challenge. I managed to put this together, I missed playing with Blender. Hope you like it

6 Likes

Looks good, perhaps the ring material could be more metallic, shiny?

1 Like

@FedPete The pearls look nice, hopefully no oysters were harmed in the making of that necklace. Also, I am absolutely enjoying the lore development of your landscape/log cabin. They say if walls could talk, but those walls are telling a great story.

@Enodes Great night lighting on this one and a scene that tells a story for sure. Only thing I might suggest is to add a store sign above the large window.

@Yigit_Pala Looks like it’s on display somewhere, should it be under a bullet proof glass box to prevent theft? Or a laser defense system maybe. :slight_smile:

@Alex_Rusu I really like the texture of the box, looks like suede or a very flat velvet/velour.
I agree with NP5, the metal could be less rough and the stone more reflective too.
Subsurface Scatter into the Volume output of the material is a great way of making a gem have some depth.
I think mostly, just check out 3 point lighting, that might make it “pop” just right. :smiley:

4 Likes

Cabochon turquoise set in silver.

9 Likes

Oh very good, know a bit about hallmarks. How did you do them?
Nice stone too.

I do know about them, spent a lot of years managing a pawn shop. I wish this side of the world did it like that side. We’re even lucky to actually get a .925 stamped on silver. Also our gold is 10K, 14K, 18K, 22K and 24K instead of actual gold content percentage like 417, 585, 750, 916 and 999. We don’t have a 9K, but they have 375. We do not have an assay office of any kind, at all.
I love how “European” gold or at least gold with proper hallmarks can have a story revealed by seeing who made it, when it was made, the assay office it went through, etc.
Most times we don’t even have a makers mark on our jewelry and it’s sad.

So how I did the hallmarks on this piece is I figured out my base material, added another material to the ring, set it to the original, duplicated it and renamed it to Mark1 or whatever. I then selected a few faces in edit mode and assigned the duplicated material to those faces, UV unwrapped, used a black and white image of the hallmark stamp using UV coordinates and put that through a color ramp to bump node into the Normal of the material. So there are technically 4 materials just for the shank.
The whole ring is all one mesh with 6 different assigned materials.

4 Likes

Loki!!!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms