2021 Collab: Week 29 “Jewelry” - CLOSED

Ah interesting. Birmingham Assay Office Info about hallmarks.

You will see there what you are missing from the set and one error. :grin:
It is as you say a great system and medieval in origin. Preventing debasement of the materials. Anyone can stamp a number on but the proper hallmarks are put on only after ‘assaying’ checking the metal is the standard said. It is a thorough nuisance and a cost but invaluable really.
HallMark
My London set with the millennium commemorative add on. (minus maker’s mark)

Ah right it is all normal/bump faked. Effective though looks more like the modern option for laser etched versions.

1 Like

Oh I know I excluded some marks like maker and date stamps, but I don’t think I made a mistake. The 925 for silver quality, lion and anchor for the Birmingham assay. I know the lion is sometimes considered the mark of sterling silver, but there are a few other meanings for the lion passant stamp too.
Maybe I am missing the mistake. lol

Look at the anchor in that link.

1 Like

I see now and that’s an easy fix for sure. I’ll fix that soon and re-upload on my original post.
EDIT: Original image is updated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Get your Blender knowledge not only from GameDev but also from books.

Next week 30 challenge

Subject “ Book, Books ”.

Note: If one of you in the list below, don’t want to receive a signal for the announcement of a new Blender collab subject. Give me a private message. And also send me a message if you want to be added. @FedPete

Signal: @Alex_Rusu @Ananda_Namaste @anfloy @Blest @billmih @Caleb_Kofoed @Cyndi @Digitz @Ethan_Martinez @elibyy @iamindieps @Jaco_Pretorius @JaneDoe @Josa_Booba @Kartik_Nair @Leon_V2 @Marijus @Martiine @Mateusz @Munsa @Navarshi_Mahanta @niladri_ghosh @NP5 @Orion_Dauter @Rao @Reginaldo_Junior @Seblecaribou @Sblendid @ShyDragon @Simone_Rossaini @Tanunen @Tetiana_Stasiv @TripleJ @WillyEckerslike @xMezzy @Yee @yo_johann

3 Likes

If you blur the mask a bit you get softer transition of the bump/normal node.

1 Like

Saxon hoard unearthed.
Brooch. Gold and niello.

10 Likes

This looks like a cutscene from old Silent Hill or Resident Evil games :smiley:
Great work !

1 Like

It did need some shinnyness, can’t belive I almost missed the deadline!
The box is just a cube with a cut and a solidify modifier beveled at the edges and the texture I used was a simple noise texture and added it into a displacement map. Easy peesy. I love how the sponge looks

4 Likes

Voting entries week 29 “Jewelry” theme

We have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 30 “ Book,Books has already started. The winner of this week’s “Jewelry” challenge may select a subject for week 30.

2 Likes

Good luck everyone, really great entries this week

1 Like

Congratulations @Digitz for a nice jewelry item.

• NP5 - Maybe the object needs to be rotated a bit into the ground. And adding some grains of dirt.
  • Yigit_Pala - Work on the background and try to add some construct to lay the crown on. Is it a museum piece, or something on a night stand.
  • Enodes - The idea is great, but your problem was, tiny jewelry in a big window. The scale doesn’t match. Better was to use a counter desk.
  • Alex_Rusu - great work, but I miss the ground floor, giving some shadows and reflection (maybe bigger diamond and some post lens flare projections).
  • FedPete - Using an old project doesn’t work.

Happy rendering and finish your book on time.

2 Likes

:rofl:, that’s kinda funny!

1 Like

the crown looks like loki

1 Like

Privacy & Terms