2021 Collab: Week 25 “Forest” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 25 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Forest”.

• Forest - A forest is an area of land dominated by trees. Hundreds of definitions of forest are used throughout the world, incorporating factors such as tree density, tree height, land use, legal standing and ecological function
  • Subject selected by the previous week 23 winner Rao - “Piece of modern tech”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-06-26T21:55:00Z

4 Likes

To build a forest we need some wood!
So I ordered some …

First, we build an office to work in.

12 Likes

11 Likes

Thanks @FedPete. Here is a forest house.
Come on in! All guests are welcomed in here!
This will be used for my game end of this year. Wish me luck!

Edit: Hello again. I couldn’t stop myself and added more lights and fixed some parts of picture. Would you please use this one:

14 Likes

A very nice entry. The lighting is beautiful.

1 Like

such an aesthatic scenary

I’ve just noticed that I forget to render fence gate :D. Without fance gate there is no point to use fences lol -_-). I should check render button before render. Anyways, I don’t want to wait 15 more minutes to render it again. Thanks for your good comments!
How did you make leaves @Aditya_Anumod, it seems great. I am not brave enough to zoom my leaves :D.

2 Likes

You can edit your original post or add a new one. The last entry will be used for the votes.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! I’ll do that.

That will be great for the lumber shortage!

2 Likes

My Submission.

11 Likes

This one was a lot of fun and I think I’m getting much better at appropriate lighting for dark scenes.
I should have thought of this one for Neon last week too, but I swear, the forest is there. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

there is actually an add-on called the sapling-gen which u can enable through prefernces i used that to make the trees

2 Likes

how did u make those skies…theyre soooo beautiful

1 Like

Emission into the Volume output of a shader on a cube for the streaks in the sky. It’s not very readable, but this is the node setup:

And for the sky in the background, I deleted a lot of faces off a sphere and scaled it up to fit the camera. Emission again, but on the Surface output since it’s basically a curved plane with about 30 faces. Again, here’s the node setup:

2 Likes

Thank you, as I have that add-on in my Blender 2.79, and never knew it was there. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the tip. I’ll use that trees in my game and I was trying to reduce triangles as much as possible. I couldn’t achieve this with Sapling addon.

Good work. Especially I like ground.
Did you ever use randomise rotation / randomise position before? I reccomend you to use randomise rotation with your trees.

HI. This is amazing Aurora borealis you have done. Play of particles in nature and play in nodes in Blender. That is very creative. Hat off mate :+1:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms