2021 Collab: Week 10 “In the air” - CLOSED

Thanks, I spent a reasonable time om bending the spring using Blender physics. But without any success. But I’ve no clue where to begin. I even used a soft body. But that failed too. I saw some swinging rope techniques using hooks. But then I went for a Mesh deform.

But now I noticed that the string stretching is wrong … Endpoint curves need to be closer than in the middle with more weight, more stretched.

Maybe my brain is wired to see “Banksy”?

3 Likes

Great word play subject, and execution. Tricky to choose composition.

2 Likes

Hope I can find the time to get this one done before deadline this time.
Sky leviathan…

12 Likes

Top one definitely better. Great entry!

Personally, the most valuable thing I got from the new character course is Grant’s voice in my head saying his catchphrase, “I’m happy with that” - which allows me to stop, breathe, and move on. Used to want perfection when really what I needed was “good enough”…

It’s important to experiment with different techniques, but with something like Blender, there are sometimes a thousand ways to do the same thing, so getting anything out should be considered a personal achievement.

Well done!

6 Likes

Or “Hop 'on to the next challenge”. :wink:

3 Likes

First time I was working with metaballs (how I never seen this before in add menu :v). I tried to do some fluffy clouds but i didn’t think that shader can be hard as that, beyond my patience :grinning:

10 Likes

After a bad hair-day. As “in the Air” you visit the “Hair salon”.

This is the new week 11 subject

Reminder for: @Josa_Booba

2 Likes

Keep your feet up of the ground!

Sorry, I didn’t have time to make it better…

10 Likes

Something we are all more away of in the last year in the air!

7 Likes

Maybe add more out of focus?
And more variance in size?
Because these are tiny tiny little entities.

Nice fluffy clouds.

Time ran short. I did consider varying the sizes but thought actually they are all the same more or less probably. It is an organism thingy. I wanted more sky/clouds too but called it done for time issues. full size on my monitor it looks ok. But I often find scaled down many things are less good. Which means I should consider that more when making things that are for web use not my monitor lol.

Well, I didn’t quite finish the sculpting or texturing that I wanted to get done, but I’m pretty much out of time and I’m happy with the results. It was a good chance to practice lighting as well.

10 Likes

My Submission. Superman saving people.

9 Likes

It resemblance Disney dragon (face).

1 Like

Voting entries week 10 “In the air” theme

We have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colours, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 11 “Hair salon” is already started. The winner of this week’s “In the air” challenge may select a subject for week 12.

1 Like

I’ve really missed participating in these. The variety of artistic influence a single topic can have just blows me away every time.

5 Likes

Why so few votes?

1 Like

Normally, when I write comments I invite people to vote. But I forgot!
But also, I don’t want to give the impression that people need to vote on my entry. Especially when I have a popular entry.

And not many people will look for threads or stumble upon like these voting pages.
A lot of student, publish at the end of a chapter or don’t bother. So they miss these invites.

1 Like

REMINDER: Go vote!!

Yeah, especially when it is such a good entry :joy:

Was close to voting for your entry but ended up supporting the “flight against the patriarchy”. :broom:

Well, to anyone seeing this go vote! And you’ll get a reminder in a couple of hours.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms