Zombie Runner early sandbox

Show us what you got!

Ok, I was beginning the RPG course, trying to do a 1 person shooter when I saw this update! Thanks!! It’s just what I need!!

So, my sandbox was made days ago:

I am aiming at the creepy look:

12 Likes

@Munsa Loving the look of this

Lloyd Risper

1 Like

Mine isn’t quite as good as Montse, but here is my quick 5 minute prototype!!

7 Likes

Hello! New course, cool :slight_smile: Thank you for continuing to update these courses!

Tip: I want to share that I attached a similar version of our CubeEditor script onto these prototyping prefabs (just the snapping function) and it made it WAY easier to move stuff and test… how could I ever not use that script ever again, what a treasure!

The purpose of prototyping for me was to figure out how best to move around…

• How high can I jump?
  • How far can I jump?
  • How steep an incline can I traverse? What feels natural?
  • How does it feel to ascend staircases of different scales?

Of course, once I did all this and ran around a bunch finding the sweet-spot answer for each of these questions, I remembered we can adjust our movement values later so that may have been for nothing, haha! Nonetheless, it was a nice beginner blockout experience.

Some things that are not-so-fun about the tools we are using:

• The jitteriness Rick mentioned, even while just standing still.
  • Frustratingly cannot jump up onto an object when real close to it.
  • Character keeps moving forward after releasing movement keys
  • Also, cannot adjust direction while mid-air. GW2 has spoiled me with extra control while jumping. :stuck_out_tongue:

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I make one change in upcoming videos that helps with the jitter - I turn off “head bob” on our first person controller.

4 Likes

Sandbox

My 5 minute sandbox! I took the 5 minute part quite literally.

4 Likes

Ain’t much but here’s my prototype level for Project Candy

5 Likes

My forest level.

13 Likes

I love it!

My 5 min sandbox prototype:

6 Likes

I found that Unity provides a toggle under the Advanced Settings of the Rigidbody FirstPerson Controller script Component named Air Control. I tried this toggle and does what it says, namely allow you to control the character while in the air. Here is an annotated screenshot of what I am talking about. The arrow is pointing at the various options you have. For example Movement speed, Dash button, Jump Force and under Advanced Settings is the Air Control toggle.

5 Likes

Thank you for the info! It’s really useful.

Trying out the new Unity Snaps feature to make a horror school theme
11 Likes

Here’s my 5min sandbox! Tried to stick entirely to the 5 minute limit to it. Definitely want to go back and adjust some things after watching the example from the video.

3 Likes

5 min sandbox :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In my game instead of zombies there will be swarm of “parasites” as enemies. And I thought small confined spaces would be perfect for giving the player panic moments.

Here are some of my designs:

Parasite

Demo Room (Enemies glow in dark!)

Controller Physics Test Obstacles

6 Likes

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I am having a bit of a problem with the Nav Mesh / Nav Agent.
I am getting a warning: "“Failed tpo create agent because it is not close enough to the NavMesh.” Looking at the enemy it is clearly surrounded by a no walk area… it cant move:

The enemy will not chase the player…

Privacy & Terms