Show us what you got!
Ok, I was beginning the RPG course, trying to do a 1 person shooter when I saw this update! Thanks!! It’s just what I need!!
So, my sandbox was made days ago:
I am aiming at the creepy look:
@Montse Loving the look of this
Hello! New course, cool Thank you for continuing to update these courses!
Tip: I want to share that I attached a similar version of our CubeEditor script onto these prototyping prefabs (just the snapping function) and it made it WAY easier to move stuff and test… how could I ever not use that script ever again, what a treasure!
The purpose of prototyping for me was to figure out how best to move around…
- How high can I jump?
- How far can I jump?
- How steep an incline can I traverse? What feels natural?
- How does it feel to ascend staircases of different scales?
Of course, once I did all this and ran around a bunch finding the sweet-spot answer for each of these questions, I remembered we can adjust our movement values later so that may have been for nothing, haha! Nonetheless, it was a nice beginner blockout experience.
Some things that are not-so-fun about the tools we are using:
- The jitteriness Rick mentioned, even while just standing still.
- Frustratingly cannot jump up onto an object when real close to it.
- Character keeps moving forward after releasing movement keys
- Also, cannot adjust direction while mid-air. GW2 has spoiled me with extra control while jumping.
Have a nice day!
I make one change in upcoming videos that helps with the jitter - I turn off “head bob” on our first person controller.