You Found The DONKEY Resource Links!

Their names are Jack and Jim :slight_smile:

Good old Ted and Fred!

Make it Zoe and Joe

I agree because minions make everything better!

1 Like

Hi!

Vector2, Vector3 and Vector4

Welcome to the course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Larry, Darryl and Darryl

Don & Key sound about right!
Happy to be apart of the course!

1 Like

Ricky and Martin

What about Romulus and Remus?

Well Iā€™m not the kind of person to just do first names so:
Deliquar Perimot
Lady Lucinda Gavelmort
Pierre Franluent

1 Like

Horrice, Dwayne and Betina

This is a work in progress. My entry point into gamdev, as is the case with many others, was the Complete Unity Developer: Learn To Code By Making Games course taught at Udemy, so the Q&A there was very active and I never really needed to go anywhere else during my entire time through the course. However, now I find myself taking multiple courses, and talking on the Discord server, and now the YouTube areasā€¦ as I get more involved in the community, the community itself is getting larger and expanding to others. All of this has led to a greater need for a centralized place to communicate and so I find myself coming back here and being active for the first time. I expect Iā€™m not alone in this. As gamedev is expanding, our older ā€œlocalā€ areas are just too small and so this provides a good place to go to give and receive support.

My central area of involvement though is the Discord server. I check it every day,multiple times a day. I spend way too much time on that thing. I rarely go to the Q&A areas anymore in Udemy. If people have complex issues they want to discuss on Discord, Iā€™ve been recommending they open an area here to post up all their details, and then post a link to it on Discord.

Long story short, I expect itā€™s not just a matter of ā€œwhen I take later courses people get more involvedā€ā€¦ I think, in general, people are getting more involved and are more inclined to gravitate here rather than check several different places of contact. This is the area thatā€™s advertised in all those different places. Also, as people go through the course, I expect they are more inclined to participate in the community, so that may also be a little of what youā€™re seeing too.

Long story short, I think the situation is rapidly improving. The gamedev community has been wildly separated for awhile and largely dependent on Udemy, but there seems to be some massive plan involved since the community is shaping up pretty wellā€¦ becoming bigger and more organized.

In general though, in the current state of things, I think Discord is the place to be. Since that medium is somewhat limited, Discord and Gamedev forums compliment each other well and I expect more involvement in one will lead to more involvement in the other.

I think they should be named Andang, Dongerator, Grazul!

Well I think they can be Gino and Pino :smiley:

Why not Deathspank, Van Helsing and Necromancer?

Thatā€™s great to hear, Anthony. I think as people finished the Udemy courses on Unity, they get to be more confident with Unity and game development in general and want places other than Udemy course specific Q&A to discuss. So far I like this Gamedev.tv forum for this RPG course since people are pretty active.

Maybe I should stop replying to this thread since I didnā€™t mean to hi-jack the Donkey naming post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think they should be named: Don and Kee

One Ear and Two Earsā€¦ (in a literal frame of mind this afternoonā€¦) :relaxed:

Donkey and Hotie

1 Like

HAAHAHH yeah I like that one also :wink:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms