Wrap up video on RPG Abilities course and what about the bugs?

So I just finished the last part of the epic RPG course and it was pretty great!

However, the last video was just a reupload of the last video in the previous section, I believe it was supposed to be a wrap up video and extensions but it was just the Fixing bug videos from the last section… Ooops?

Also, have you / anyone tried to build and run the game? Because when I did I built the dialogues stopped working, the Next-buttons didn’t appear on the QuestGivers or NPC’s or anyone, I just got the first line of dialogue with the Close-button at the top (in editor it works normally), no idea what could be wrong here…

I’ve double and triple checked my code against the different github commits made by Sam, and everything checks out… If you guys can get the build working then it must be something on my end, but IDK… And for reference I downloaded the “Starter pack” for this course…

That’s about it for this post, have a great day you beautiful reader you!

PS. Sorry for bad English

—EDIT— Just found the Player.log-file and it gave nothing useful for me, but here it is anyways (the Failed to create agent because there is no valid NavMesh, is from the MainMenu-scene which doesn’t have a NavMesh, so I doubt it has anything to do with the dialogue next button not working… But I dunno…

Mono path[0] = ‘F:/Unity/Projects/rpg-shops/Builds/RPG Project_Data/Managed’
Mono config path = ‘F:/Unity/Projects/rpg-shops/Builds/MonoBleedingEdge/etc’
Initialize engine version: 2020.3.13f1 (71691879b7f5)
[Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path F:/Unity/Projects/rpg-shops/Builds/RPG Project_Data/UnitySubsystems
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (ID=0x1b80)
Vendor:
VRAM: 8079 MB
Driver: 30.0.14.7111
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

• Completed reload, in 0.811 seconds
    D3D11 device created for Microsoft Media Foundation video decoding.
    Initializing input.

Input initialized.

Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 0.572600 ms
Failed to create agent because there is no valid NavMesh

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 3.392600 ms

Unloading 25 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 12041.
Total: 5.856800 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.456800 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.102900 ms MarkObjects: 5.148400 ms DeleteObjects: 0.148500 ms)

Saving to C:/Users/washy/AppData/LocalLow/DefaultCompany/RPG Project\dzfgghfshd.sav

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 7.205100 ms
Failed to create agent because there is no valid NavMesh

Unloading 432 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 3252.
Total: 1.707300 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.141600 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.052200 ms MarkObjects: 1.217700 ms DeleteObjects: 0.295600 ms)

Setting up 8 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread → id: 638c → priority: 1
Thread → id: ab64 → priority: 1
Thread → id: 8dfc → priority: 1
Thread → id: 6300 → priority: 1
Thread → id: 72c4 → priority: 1
Thread → id: 82e4 → priority: 1
Thread → id: 5fa8 → priority: 1
Thread → id: 2dcc → priority: 1

1 Like

Okay, so the issue was that the children of the root node are indexed in OnValidate(), but OnValidate() is not called in the built game, so the way to fix this is go to Dialogue.cs and add an Awake() method and just call OnValidate() there… So the bug has been fixed on “my end”, but the Wrap up video is still missing. :slight_smile:

–EDIT–
Thanks to vitbull88 on the discord server for telling me the issue and the solution!

Apologies for the video errors. I initially pointout out to our production staff two lectures that were incorrect. The first one got corrected, and the last lecture got missed.

I’ve sent a message to our production staff reminding them to fix the last lecture.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms