World Space Canvas Mode - something went wrong

This part of the lecture has not worked. I followed the directions but did not get the same results. After following the directions, the background in the game is about the size of a dot. I could resize it so that it fits but then I’d guess that the world unit size won’t match up, which is the point of this lecture.

The scale of the image is 0.00625 on both the X and Y, for the canvas and image.
The camera size is 3.375.

I have no idea how I even go about figuring out where I went wrong. If it matters, I’m using Unity version 2019.4.11f1, on Windows.

Hi @armaghedron,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Could you please share screenshots of what you did and see in Unity? Did you try to double click on the background image in the Hierarchy?

Have you already rewatched the video at least one more time?

I found that the image was scaled by the canvas’ transform AND the image’s transform. I’m not even sure how that happened but I changed the image’s scale transform to 1x 1y and left the canvas’ scale transform at 0.00625, x and y, and that seems to have corrected the problem.

Good job! :slight_smile:

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms