With Steam online running into timeout

Hello!
Okay I have done the first part of the Tutorial because I just needed the Lobby system. Everything did work fine but suddenly… and I dont know what my change was that I destroyed it. I cant connect to any lobby from the Bat or the editor. When I use the Bat I run into an timeout

[2024.01.23-16.00.16:088][740]LogNet: Warning: UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection… Elapsed: 20.00, Real: 20.00, Good: 20.00, DriverTime: 20.11, Threshold: 20.00, [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 192.168.178.48:0, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: PendingNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL, UniqueId: INVALID
[2024.01.23-16.00.16:097][740]LogNet: Error: UEngine::BroadcastNetworkFailure: FailureType = ConnectionTimeout, ErrorString = UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection… Elapsed: 20.00, Real: 20.00, Good: 20.00, DriverTime: 20.11, Threshold: 20.00, [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 192.168.178.48:0, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: PendingNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL, UniqueId: INVALID, Driver = PendingNetDriver IpNetDriver_0
[2024.01.23-16.00.16:098][740]LogNet: Warning: Network Failure: PendingNetDriver[ConnectionTimeout]: UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection… Elapsed: 20.00, Real: 20.00, Good: 20.00, DriverTime: 20.11, Threshold: 20.00, [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 192.168.178.48:0, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: PendingNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL, UniqueId: INVALID
But I find the server and get also my IP address just fine. But I cant connect. I builded the project and with the builded version I also can connect viva the internet just fine ^^ but not in the editor/bat anymore Q.Q
Then I found an post of someone who did the same course and got the same problem. The only sulution they found was to turn of Steam on the maschine. Then it works viva Lan just fine.

Yes, this seems to be a potential issue in 5.2 and 5.3 where Steam is running and the NULL OSS is not working as expected. However, when working on this stuff it is mostly C++ code so I started using PowerShell and add -NOSTEAM to the run command line. I built the changes in editor (Rider) and ran the command. This works really well if you’re confident with C++ and when you’re ready to mess with Widgets etc, jump back into the UE editor.

1 Like

I just started lerning c++ ^^ but can I go back to 5.1. and the problem would be solved?

Not really. The course is a more advanced course and you really should have a good understanding of unreal engine and C++ before you start the course.

The main Unreal C++ course helps but the C++ fundamentals course is recommended first as it focuses more on C++

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms