WIP - mouse trap

But a heavy book works too…

Block modeling

Preparation for

3 Likes

Ring-hook thingy …

1 Like

1 Like

Looks like a plan coming together! The ring hook, may not matter or be seen but the thread is too stretched, pretty sure they look closer to a thread.

1 Like

Yes, I know, but it’s as usual based on QAD.
Quick And Dirty …

The thread will not be visible, so I didn’t spend too mu time on it.
But, I have always a discussion with myself. Spend more time and have a relatively good model, which can be used on other projects. Also will it be used again in close-up or not?

Did some sculpting on the block model.
To manage my hardware I divide all object ( mouse, environment, cheese, 5Kg. ) in different files.
Of course I can to do a retopology of some objects, but it’s the weekly collab and time management kicks in

3 Likes

This was my initial sketch. Did some test runs, but I decided to change this in a different story.

1 Like

Activating subsurface shader. Eevee render.

3 Likes

Hair test tail.

1 Like

Concepts

First idea

Changed the view, more room to place objects.

2 Likes

I changed the initial composition again. Because I want to apply the rule of thirds, details in the center of the image.

8 Likes

Ouch poor mousy!

So how did pulling the cheese make the weight fall?

1 Like

It’s done outside the viewport …

Clearly the cheese is filled with lead and much heavier than it looks, hence it it able to hold up the weight which ironically is actually hollow and is more of a mouse costume than a trap.

:wink:
Great entry by the way!

2 Likes

I just had an other idea …

7 Likes

:rofl: :muscle:t2: :mouse:

1 Like

Poor mousy, or did it get away, but not its tail?

Nice scene. @FedPete at work… how to catch that mouse that bothers his workflow.

1 Like

Get in shape or die trying.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :+1: real motivation !

While I was updating my local project management notes, I read through the assignment of NP5 again.
And got a new fresh idea, which better reflected the meaning of NP5 initial thoughts, namely the “Domino effect”. But maybe, someone is working on this idea.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms