Why do the colors in the game window look different from the scene window?

In this lecture, why do the colors used in the game window appear to be different than in the scene window? The title text appears more vibrant while the background gray appears to be darker for instance. Even when Rick hit ‘play’ the colors appear to remain different.

Hi,

The colours look the same for me. However, in your Game window, the scale is set to 0.35 instead of 1.0. Maybe that’s the reason why the colours look different for you.

In the scene window, you could try to zoom in to take a closer look at the colours. The farther away the camera is, the more details get lost.

See also:

1 Like

Thank you for the tips. This screenshot is actually a screenshot of Rick’s screen from the lecture, not my screen. When he played the game in full-screen at 12:35 in the lecture as a test run, the colors also seemed to look different. Starting from 12:25 in the lecture all the way until the end is when the colors all of a sudden looked different to me between the scene window and the game window even though at 12:25 the scene window is larger than the game window and then later the windows are resized so that the scene window is smaller than the game window.

I’m afraid I do not remember the details of this project anymore. We haven’t supported the content of our archived courses for many years and don’t support those courses anymore because the videos are heavily outdated.

The scene is just where you arrange the objects. The objects don’t necessarily look exactly as in the game window. Unless the colours are completely different, I would suggest to make the colours look right in the game window.

If you need to make the colours the same in both the scene and the game window, please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for advice over on our Discord chat server. Maybe someone knows a solution.

1 Like

Thank you, Nina! You and the entire Game Dev TV team are absolutely awesome and I’ll definitely follow through on your suggestions! Is it okay if I leave this forum post up until it automatically closes in 20 days just to see if any additional suggestions or ideas come in?

Yes, of course. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the auto-closing does not work, so I’ll probably close the thread manually in 2-3 weeks after the last reply.

Privacy & Terms