Why did I think this with Random.Range?

So I didn’t do the challenge right. I ended up trying to change the min/max variables themselves. I tried min = Random.Range(1, 500) and max = Random.Range(500, 1001) Any ideas why I might’ve thought to try it this way and how not to think this way in the future? It did make sense though when Rick did it.

Hi Morraak,

Nobody knows what you were thinking. Only you do. :wink:

To me, your approach makes sense even though it does not solve Rick’s problem. In many cases, we come up with new ideas by accident, not because we were actively looking for them. For this reason, I would recommend not to force thinking the way expected by an instructor. Find your own way because you certainly want to make your own games one day. Games that are “new” and enjoyable.

And bear in mind: The challenges in this course don’t shape your future. If you cannot complete a challenge or if you come up with the “wrong” answer, that’s not a problem at all. The purpose of the challenges is to encourage you to ponder on problems yourself so you don’t just copy what Rick shows but, hopefully, come up with your own solutions.

Keep it up! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms