Why are you using Visual Studio Code instead of Visual Studio?

Rick,

I am guessing this is because Visual Studio Code is a more universal IDE that runs on multiple OS types, like Linux and iOS for Mac, as well as Windows. I ask, because I noticed in your video you also had Visual Studio 2019 Community installed.

I have used Visual Studio Code for C/C++ code in Linux already as part of my job. It seems to take a bit more to configure than Visual Studio 2019 (and such) do, like setting up debugging on Linux seems to require a bit of work to get everything right, so I was wondering if there are other reasons you chose to use it here.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

In the past, Rick used VS. However, he decided to switch to VS Code for the remastered version of the courses for the reasons you listed in your first sentence. VS comes with a lot more functionality by default, which we never use in this course.

As for me, I stick with VS because I have been using it for ages, and it still works well. I would not see any benefits for my workflow if I used VS Code for C#. For beginners, VS Code is probably the better program as it is not as overwhelming as VS.

Long story short, please feel free to use your preferred script editor. :slight_smile:

See also:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms