White stains on the opposite side

I’ve set X-direction for the shader and found, that on the one side of the object I have good green stains, like they should be, but on the opposite X-side I’ve got same stains, but they just make my texture brighter. How can we fix this effect?

Hmmm, I’m honestly not sure. I’ve forwarded this one on to Chris so we can figure out what’s going on there.
It might help to see a screenshot(s) of your moss shader itself, it could be as simple as something plugged in the wrong port.

here is my shader:

Chris took a closer look at the shader, and found the issue. It’s in the value for Time that we’re feeding Lerp. The result of the Moss Accumulation section can have a negative value (which makes sense if you consider that we’re multiplying by the dot-product of the normal vector as part of the calculation. Feeding that multiply vector into a Saturation node will clamp that value between 0 and 1 which is where we want it to be. We’re applying a patch to the lecture for students from the future.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms