Which is Better: Changing the Pixels Per Unit, or the X and Y Scale?

Which is Better: Changing the Pixels Per Unit on the Sprite, or the X and Y Scale on the GameObject?

I understand how Rick changed the Pixels Per Unit to make the Trophy bigger, however I was wondering if there is an advantage to doing it this way, rather than changing the X and Y Scale on the Trophy GameObject in the Hierarchy (which also keeps the distance between the Top and the Base correct)?

I tried doing it both ways, and comparing a screen print of each way, and I couldn’t see a difference in how they look. So, I was wondering if there is a performance difference (which might be important when using a lot of assets).

Thank you,
Jim

Hi Jim,

If the game objects are embedded in the physics simulation, for example, because they have got colliders attached, it is usually not recommended to change the scale of the game object as this could cause undesired side effects.

Nevertheless, this is not an universal answer to your question. You will have to test your idea, and if it works, it works. In many cases, there are multiple ways to make something work in Unity.

Did this help? :slight_smile:

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms