Where do you create assets for your projects?

What tools do you use to create assets (image, etc) for Unity 2D projects?

Hi Diogenes,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

As for me, I mainly use Photoshop and Illustrator because I’ve owned a licence for many, many years before Adobe introduced their subscription system. If I didn’t have a licence, I would probably use GIMP, Krita, Inkscape or maybe Affinity Designer (not free but very affordable). That would depend on the project.

If you are looking for a software, test it before using it. Then go with the one you like best and which helps you create the assets you want. Nowadays, there are so many great free programs.

Please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for further recommendations over on our Discord chat server.

See also:

1 Like

I use Inkscape and Aseprite for 2D, and Blender for 3D. I also got Moho (for 2D animation) in a humble bundle once, but I haven’t used it for anything yet. Inkscape is free and Aseprite can be free if you build it yourself from the code. There’s enough info online to do this easily. If you don’t want to go through all of that, LibreSprite is a free opensource alternative (it’s really just a fork of Aseprite iirc). Other options (on my machine) is Gimp and Krita.

1 Like

thanks for the answer

thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms