What will I build?

Hi everyone,
My name is Julien, 24, and I’m French (sorry for my english!).

I’m studying computer sciences at the university (currently in a master degree), and I’ve been playing games since I’m a kid. I played a lot of competitive games like Cs, Starcraft, Rocket League etc…
I recently got disapointed by shootmania developers who literally abandoned their great game…

This is why I want to create a shootmania like (multiplayer session based game) and fix what the community wanted to fix, so I started this project. I already have the core gameplay mechanics but I have a huge lack of game network concepts. This is the reason why I chose this course.
This is also a simple game (2 weapons, no ballistic, walljump, 1v3 rounds, capture point in a limited time)

This project is the first “real” project that I start on my own with a 3d engine.
I’m also doing this to gain experience with known engines in order to work as a developer in the game industry, in the future.

I would like to thanks the creators of this course to make it understandable and available for everyone who wants to jump in the game development, we need more guys like you !

When your project gets off the ground, I’ll be in the line to buy a copy!

Also, good on you for taking the ‘make a good game better’ approach. Building on the ‘missed opportunities’ in your favorite game is the hallmark of a great programmer.

Good luck, and I hope to see your game on Steam one day!

Privacy & Terms