What Will I Build?

Hi all,

I am a currently working as a freelance Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality application developer. I have developed apps for local government, heritage organisations, charities, finance institutions and arts organisations among others. Most of the projects I work on are relatively simple and straight-forward, such as VR experiences or 360 video viewing applications. I have worked on a selection of more complex projects in the realms of digital twin applications, or historical visualisations of environments.

I have a Masters in Game Development, and whilst I do not currently do a lot of game-related projects, I am looking to change that and enter the Games Industry proper. To that end, I am hoping to increase my repertoire of skills through this course to allow me to better function in an Indie or mainstream game studio.

The kinds of things I want to make largely align with the kinds of things I like to play: RPGs, FPSs, and Turn-Based and Real-Time Strategy games. Some of my favourite games include the Battlefield, Elder Scrolls, Assassins Creed, and Civilization series. I would love to end up working on these games, or games of their ilk, and to that end, I want to try my hand at replicating some of their mechanics, in mini-projects, that I could then potentially develop into full games. Unfortunately I am only familiar with the Programming discipline of Game Dev, and I struggle to find artists or designers to work with, as I live in quite a small community.

Privacy & Terms