What paid software would you LOVE free access to?

Sure!

In fact… just click “Hide Results” and change your vote

1 Like

Adobe Illustrator! It’s good that software packages listed help you create games but what about the marketing materials? The logos? The screenshots? Photoshop is good, but limited for that.

2 Likes

Oh…ok changed it! By the way you could also post a pool on FB

Logos are better in a vector package. On Mac I love Pixelmator Pro as a hybrid which is super intuitive.

I’m off to bed, catch you all in the morning. Enjoy smooching on the new format forum.

1 Like

I know, I know… but Facebook is evil (I don’t really believe that), and our forum’s awesome (now that I do believe)

Code Formatting

Badges to be earned

#tags for all lecture, and more. Here’s some fun for example

Secret reveals

… and much more

Illustrator is the main application that I find useful but can’t justify paying full price for. Unfortunately it does enough that i can’t realistically clone it myself and i’ve yet to find a competitor that really does everything Illustrator does. But it is just so fricken expensive for a casual user!

2 Likes

If your plan was to get students to register here it worked for me because I hopped just to vote for xD. Actually it’s the first time I see this format for forums, looks great I’m gonna stick around o.o

Great news, wasn’t really my plan, I just like to centralise conversations that are otherwise on 3 Facebook groups for Unity, Blender and Unreal. The forums are really great once you get used to them.

1 Like

… anyway my bad - let’s keep this on topic, there are 50,000 other topics here to be discovered. Back to the paid software you’d like us to try and get you guys free access to

The Autodesk Suite of products, mainly for 3D modeling and animation.

1 Like

Mobile won’t allow me to vote for some reason but here’s a vote for Spine2d!

I voted for Photoshop but if you are you still open for suggestions, I’d love to have seen Allegorithmic’s Substance Painter on there, such an amazing piece of software, I can model fine but I’ve done nothing but struggle with texturing.

1 Like

Maya, Substance Painter, ZBrush, 3DS Max… I can’t just pick one

1 Like

I’ll be brave and say Visual Assist, lol…although I’m hearing new Visual Studio is supposed to be much faster?

Though I would love to see the full suite of Substance software.

VAX is a good call too, I don’t know what I’d do without it for UE4 development.

Voted for Substance Painter as it goes well with Blender. I 'd also like GameMaker 2, but that would be way too many game engines. If you REALLY want to push it, I’d love Cubase and Serum for music, heh.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR… I’d love any training software, once again, I’m thinking too hard.

For me it would have to be Zbrush, especially if we can get a course on Zbrush too. As much as I love blender and have made it my go to for 3D modeling, the software crashes when I try to sculpt anything highly detailed far more often than I would like. The Zbrush trial did no such thing but I also don’t know how to use it and not sure 45 day trial would be enough lol.

2 Likes

Have you checked out Affinity Designer?

I actually prefer it to Illustrator but then I’m not a power user. It is reasonable price and is a perpetual licence.

Privacy & Terms