What computer(s) are you running?

I have a 2015 Retina MacBook Pro as my main machine, 1TB SSD 16GB RAM and external monitor.

PC wise, a couple of the same build both i7 4GHz with GTX 980, sometimes I SLI the GPUs e.g for Tomb Raider in 4K

My desktop is a self built i5-2500k 3.3ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 570, 2 x 240GB SSD.

My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 2 13

–edit
Forgot to mention i’m overclocked to 4.8ghz max but normally 4.2ghz :smile:

1 Like

Gaming and UE4 PC

• i7 4770K
  • 16GB Ram
  • GForce GTX 770
  • Samsung 1TB SSD
  • 750GB HDD with 40GB SSD Cache
  • Byerdynamics MMX 300 Headset
  • Astro Mixamp

Streaming PC

• i7 3770
  • 8GB Ram
  • Samsung 256 GB SSD
  • 2 TB HDD
  • Shuttle Barebone PC
  • AverMedia Live Gamer HD
  • t.bone SC450USB Mic

:+1: Fail Faster - there is no instant win :+1:
GamedevCala - Twitter: @GamedevCala - Blog: nerd-time.com - Twitch: GamedevCala

1 Like

I have an old system I built myself.

Core i7 965 extreme (1st gen? can’t remember now)
6gig ram
Radeon 280x
1tb slow as molasses hd

Sure wish I could afford to update, however being disabled, my income just isn’t there.

I’m presently running an i5 3.2 ghz, 16g ram, 1 TB hard with a 3TB external HD for backups. It does a decent job but I’d sure like something a bit faster at times.

I’m also running a dual monitor setup - 27" IPS and an older 24" HP monitor. Gives me a chance to look at projects running in various settings. I’m hoping to add a 3rd larger monitor by years end but we shall see. Eyes aren’t what they used to be!

1 Like

2015 Retina MBP / 16 GB for a year or so, it’s pretty much my main machine now. My first Mac and I’m in love.

My main gaming/editing box is an i7 / 32GB / GTX 680 / Win7 with 3 screens.

Plus another one as my dedicated flightsim rig, a couple of Debian servers and a Solaris box, iPads, etc…

1 Like

I got built my pc. The specs are: a 6 core 3.5 GHz Intel core i7 5820k processor, 8 gigs ram (DDR4), Nvidia GeForce gtx 960 (4 gigs video ram), a 1080p ViewSonic monitor, and a 10 year old keyboard and mouse (I ran out of money XD).

I have a 2013 Retina MacBook Pro with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. I have it connected to an external 21" monitor.

I also have an old Windows PC I built myself years ago. It is a Core 2 Duo E8400 with 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD along with some other disc HDs. This computer is going to be cannibalized and upgraded in the near future so I can do VR development on it.

I just had to do a full blown upgrade due to a motherboard failure so I’m running this

I7 6700K
16gb RAM
GTX 1080
4TB Hybrid drive

Gotta say I’m not too terribly upset about having to upgrade but it definitely hurt my wallet after having built a custom keyboard recently

1 Like

I run an older macbook pro, and an older dell xps, both with 8gb ram.
I do have plans on either getting a newer iMac, and piecing together a more modern computer for the windows side of things, but it wont be soon.

My system specs are:

*fx 6100
*R7 260x
*8 gb DDR3
*1 tb Western Digital

Cheap, but I can not afford anything more at this time.
I have thought for replacing the fx 6100 for a fx 8350 in the future.

I7
GTX 970
8 GB of Ram
128 SSD and 1TB Hard drive
2 monitors

Works pretty good for what I use it for, mostly indie games and 3D rendering; though I haven’t opitimized my Blender settings to take advantage of these things :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh boy, you folks are making me feel bad… I’m running Unity on my 2012 Lenovo laptop! It’s got a whopping dual core 2.10GHz, 8GB RAM (upgraded from the orginal 2GB), integrated Intel HD graphics. :expressionless:

Someday though… someday I will build myself a top-notch rig!

2 Likes

I have a self build desktop. Running a i5-3570k OC to 4.0ghz 16GB RAM and a 660ti. Been looking upgrading the GPU now that the 1080 and 1070 are out. Will probably go with a 1070 if I can convince the wife to let me.

In late 2015 I bought a Middle-of-the-road Macs to do game development on.
No trouble so far.

2 Likes

How do you like the new graphics card? @King_Piggums

I have several bits of kit but my main machine is . . .

i5 3570k @4.6Ghz
24GB RAM
Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II OC 4GB
OCZ ARC100 240GB (Development Boot)
OCZ ARC100 480GB (Music & Graphics Boot)
WD Blue 4TB (Library drive)
Samsung S34E790C 34-Inch Curved LED Ultrawide Monitor @ 3440x1440 res
Corsair (CW-9060021-WW) Hydro Series H100i liquid cooler
NZXT Grid+ v2 Digital Fan Controller (for 5 case fans)
FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 6I6 Audio interfaces USB
Intuos Pro Small Tablet
Logitech k400 wireless keyboard ! lol

I also have a QNAP TS-451+ NAS which I use for a cloud drive, backup, storage and streaming. I still also burn to DVD’s though as I’m paranoid :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have invested a lot of money (for me) in the last year updating some hardware and software so I am comfortable learning. I suffer with stress :scream: so I need all the help I can get :sweat_smile:

Mine is older - I’ve got a 2011 MBP with 8GB of RAM and a 750GB HDD, partitioned between MacOS and Windows 7.

1 Like

I absolutely love it. I upgraded from a 760 so it was a bit of a step up. Got it to power a vive and I’m definitely satisfied with my purchase

Well…

I have MacBook Pro (similar config to Ben’s one), but it’s company machine, so it does not count :wink:

Other than that, I have MSI GT70 with i7, GF 675, 8GB Ram, 256SSD and 750HDD. It’s my main playing computer, constantly connected to TV and graphic tablet. (unfortunately I don’t have a place for proper desk + monitors setup)

Also I have ancient MSI GX700, resurrected from death. I have Linux on it, working a little bit as a home testing server but it’ll suits well for Linux games testing.

Now I am simply waiting until end of this year or beginning of next for new Titans GPU series, to construct new beast (and I’ll take VR googles as well)

Privacy & Terms