Welcome to the Unity Section 1 sub-forum

welcome aboard Bil, and enjoy.

anything at all bud, shout away, sound bunch of nutters here always willing to help :slight_smile:

see you down the lineā€¦

DaZ

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m from Morocco.
Happy to be with you.

1 Like

Hey everyone. This is the first course I took on Udemy as a beginner programmer. I donā€™t regret it one bit! Iā€™m not fully through it yet, but I have already learned so much. Itā€™s good to be part of this community.

1 Like

Hello everyone, Iā€™m Soham, from Kolkata,India
Iā€™m 16 and i am a high school student.
I am a newbie when it comes to game development with no prior experience and with a little knowledge of programming. I want to take up game development as my primary option. I am also a gamer, not a hardcore one but a casual gamer. I love most games which are more story based and immersive in gameplay .I mostly play fighting games,FPS,Third Person games and platformers. I am pretty excited to start this course and learn game development step by step. I hope i can do my best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, my name is Justin.

I always aspired to be a video game developer and Iā€™m trying many different ways to get myself (more) associated with coding and game engines and wanted to try this course. Iā€™m excited to begin.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

My name is Jaime Rivas and I am currently a student in a coding boot camp sponsored by Microsoft. So far I have developed an understanding and use of querying with SQL. I just recently created my first game as a WinForms app using C# (itā€™s not that great). I am very excited to start this course and create my first game using Unity. I always have time to play games if anyone is interested in a round of Call of Duty or Monster Hunter World.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

My name is Chance Dixon, I am 16 years old and I am from Arizona. I picked up my first game controller when I was 4 years old and fell in love. Gaming became one of my favorite past times. When I was in 5th grade I realized that I could make a career of it. Yet I lacked the equipment and confidence to start off then. Fast forward 6 years, college is on the horizon, and I feel that now is the best time to make a go of it, and make sure that I am extra prepared by the time I graduate high school. I intend to give this course my all and expect to receive the same. I wish you all good luck, and happy devving!

1 Like

HI there,

My name is Ayman I live Toronto Canada and I am 13. I have been coding since the age of 8 and I am really interested and excited to start this course I have been doing Html, C Java, and python and hopefully I can C# to list hope meeting you all.

1 Like

Welcome to the community Ayman. :slight_smile:

Sounds to me like you have some fantastic experience already, well done!

Itā€™s a friendly community here, with lots of people willing to offer their support, ideas and suggestions. As you work your way through the course please do consider sharing your work and progress with the community, not only can other peopleā€™s feedback be really valuable but your own work and creativity can really help to inspire other people.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and youā€™re sure to find some help here.

Hello there!

Iā€™m Boris(22), a visual computing student from vienna.

This course looks very promising and Iā€™m exited to dive into it, reading your posts it seems I have happend upon a nice, mature community.

Iā€™m looking forward to being a part of it,
all the best

1 Like

Hello all

iā€™m Mohamed Aboshady (29) Mechanical engineer at Civil Defense in Kingdom of Saudi arabia

i really hope to have all knowledge that i need to make my game

1 Like

Hi there! My name is Mark Nijaki and i am from Poland. For now this is sufficient info about myself :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hello everyone, My name is Chance, I have recently began development on my first video game, but I realized part way through I needed to take some sort of course, and that doing so would be easier than constantly look up tutorials or Q&As. I do have one question if anyone can answer it, I believe I am using the (currently) second newest version of Unity, from late 2017, I think I got it in December or maybe January. Am I able to do the course using this version? Or will I need to download the recommended older version.

1 Like

Hello Chance, welcome to the community.

To answer your question, yes, you can use a more recent version of Unity to complete the course if you prefer. You have to bear in mind though that Unity have updated their product a number of times since the original course was released, as such there are a number of changes to the API, thus some of the code you see being typed in a lecture, may no longer work quite like that in the newer version of Unity.

@Nina, GameDev.tvā€™s Student Instructor for the Unity 1.0 and 2.0 courses, very kindly created a Google doc which covers all of the differences. From memory, this is linked under Resources in lecture 8. Just refer back to that, pop a question in the Q&A or post on the forum and you will get plenty of help if needed.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hello Rob,

Thank very much for this information. Now that I know about the google doc with all the updates in it, I might use the version I was already using and go off of that, rather than use and older version, from which I immediately from when I am done the course.

Thank you again,

Chance

1 Like

No problem at all, youā€™ll be fine with the later version - just post if you have any troubles :slight_smile:

Thank you for the help, Iā€™ll be sure to post if I run in to any more issues.

1 Like

You could also bookmark this thread, Chance. If you havenā€™t started with Unity 2017 yet, you could follow this course with Unity 2018 if you want.

1 Like

Thank you for the idea, I havenā€™t started with 2018 yet but I might.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I am Fatimaā€¦I have just bought this course.I have no previous unity experience.
I would love to finish this course and make a game out of it.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms