Welcome to the Unity Section 1 sub-forum

Hello Everyone, I’m John , I graduated from university last year with a bachelor degree in Natural Sciences. Right now, doing my internship with a bank. My course allowed me to learn some basic scientific programming in languages such as C++, Python and Matlab, however, I never had an opportunity to learn any of them in greater details plus I have probably forgotten the bulk of them already, so I need an urgent recharge!
In the end, I’m sure we will all achieve great success together in this course, let’s have fun

1 Like

Hello people. I am Can (pronounces similar to John) and I am a 30 year old mechanical engineer from Turkey. I took this course because it looked fun and I wanted to learn something rather different and new. I once learned C and C++ about 10 years ago but haven’t used them ever since. It was fun to code and I was surprisingly good at it, now let’s see if I can remember my coding skills for something more fun :slight_smile: Cheers !

1 Like

Hi from Brazil!

Hi everyone! My name is Vitor and I’m from Brazil. I’m just an enthusiast of game development and a game lover. I applied to this course so I can learn something new while having some fun.

Hello Everyone, I`m Emilio Aguero from Lima, Peru, looking forward for this course!

Hello!

My name is Khan. I live in Bristol, UK and am interested in becoming a programmer. I came across The unreal Engine Developer course and thought it would be the best way to improve my developing skills in order to hopefully have a career in the future. My prior experience with coding is mostly teaching myself Javascript and HTML from Codecademy, but i hope to complete this course as game development is what i am interested in the most.

Nice to meet you all, happy coding!

1 Like

Hello World!

My name is James. I’m from Cornwall, UK and I am interested in stepping into the video games industry. I have been looking for a place to get learned on the topic and this seems like the right place to come!

Cheers!

Hello, My name is Aileen. I come from Taiwan. I work as a programmer.
I’m interesting in making games.
Although I’m not good in English, I’ll try my best to learn this course.
Before I sign up this course, I used to make small game in Android.
Hope enjoy the course happy, Nice to meet you all.

Hello!
My name is Zsolt. I’m from Hungary. I’ve been playing games since I was a kid (first on Amiga then on PC), and I would like to become a game developer. I signed up for this course because I’m curious about how Unity works.

Hello there,

My name is Pavel, I’m a 21 years old college student from Czech Republic.

I always liked programming, but somehow didn’t have motivation to develop it. Everything changed at the beginning of 2017. I found out about Unity and was stunned by it’s convenient workflow, helpful community and many many resources. I was at beginning of my bachelor’s thesis and I told my supervisor that I don’t want to do my Java/Javascript task anymore and I want to focus on Unity instead. I was surprised to learn that he knows how to work with Unity too. So now I’m working on my thesis in Unity and hoping to become a game dev/programmer one day :slight_smile:

I take this curse to push my brief knowledge further and be one step closer toward my dream.

Good luck and have fun to everybody :slight_smile:

Hello,

My name is Nicky Moverley, i am 32 years old and from the UK.

I currently work as a IT Technician, Web Designer, and Server Administrator for a couple of small companies around the Yorkshire area.

It is a childhood dream to be able to design my own games and programs, so i started looking into coding last year by taking a course in Python, i got on really well in Python mostly from using my own research and have already created a few small programs that i still use today, 1 in particular is a very simple GUI that is a “click and load” radio station player, however the deeper i got into Python the more i realized it did not have the capability of my end goals.

After stumbling upon and then really enjoying a game called RimWorld i decided to look into making mods, after a little research i found that this game was coded in C# and Unity which instantly caught my attention, more research on Unity and discovering that all the tools were free i decided to go back to Udemy and look for courses, that’s when i found this.

I am really looking forward to completing this course and getting to know as many of you as possible.

Good luck all :slight_smile:

Hi,

Names Terry. 40, male, UK. This is something I’ve always wanted to learn and now I’ve just had an offer price I really couldn’t ignore. I’ve got a Degree in Applied Computing and have coded in several old languages. Pretty much a DOS procedual program, mostly Pascal. Though did do some PHP more recently.

Done some C/C++/Java at Uni so hopefully C# won’t be too alien. Not an artist so really wondering how I’m going to do learning the 3D design stuff.

Good to meet my fellow coders.

OH HEY GUYS! My name is Matt and im from New Jersey. I’m an artist and composer and EXTREMELY new to the coding world! I have a game in development but our programmer got too busy to continue so im now taking over! Hoping to learn all i can! Looking forward to working with all of you!

Hello everyone, I’m new to coding as well. I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing but I hope I’ll get the hang of it. The furthest I can go is some MS-DOS I learnt some 20 years ago. :joy:

I am not sure if I am posting in the correct place, but let me introduce myself.

My name is Henrique, I am from Brazil, I usually develop some very small game, but now I am trying to go throung a way to professionalize myself in the game development.

Hope to share a lot with you!

Regards!!

1 Like

Hi Guys

My names Tauheed i’m 33 years old brand new to programming and games development but have been a Gamer for over 25 years. I love to build and create stuff such as arcade cabinets and would love to start building software.

1 Like

Hello Everyone!!

My name is Nishant Jain. I am from New Delhi, India. I have almost 10 years of experience as Software engineer in multiple domains, except gaming.

Since I was in school, I was fascinated by Game development and Graphics. Created some games in TurboC++ in school and graduation days. With time, I got busy with money making and kept doing what was required. But this thing I have for game development has lingered on inside me.

These are my first steps towards following my dreams. Will learn and develop games that I am proud of.

Nice to get in touch guys!!

1 Like

Hi folks!

I’m new to Unity and to computer programming, however i’ve been in the user experience design field for over a decade. So far as games go, my first real experience with creating custom games was EA’s Adventure Construction Set back in the mid 80s. Really cool/fun game back in the day that allowed you to create turn-based RPGs and save/share them with your friends. It was so much fun. Then, I moved onto Gary Kitchen’s GameMaker by Activision, which was a little more complex, but allowed for fairly sophisticated sprite animation for the time. All great stuff, although I was never competent enough to actually build the game I had sketched out. So that’s ancient history so far as games go. More recently (but still older), I messed around with custom mods for Freedom Force and enjoyed developing skins for 3D meshes and that sort of thing. I’m looking forward to learning as much as I can about Unity and am REALLY interested in getting to the Zombie Runner FPS game, which was the impetus for me to purchase the course. So far so good.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I’m 41, yep never to late to learn something new :). Born in Poland, live in Rep. of Ireland. I have a lot spare time so I decided to learn how to make games :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello,
My name is Ahmed but call me Tamimi, Im from Iraq living in Dubai, Im a 3rd year student at Heriot-Watt university Dubai campus. Im here to learn and develop my own 3D game…

1 Like

Privacy & Terms