Welcome to the Unity Section 1 sub-forum

Hi my name is Milos and last night I decided to learn unity. I want to make apps to be integrated with board games, don’t ask me how first I need to eat an enormous FROG which is programing cause I’m afraid of it and confused by it since C64
10 print "Hallo"
20 go to 10
RUN

Hi, I’m James, 31, from the UK. I’m an avid gamer and stay at home dad of 4. No real experience heading into this course but I’m a quick learner and languages have always come easy to me, I’m fluent in a couple of European languages and conversational in a couple more, so I’m hoping picking up C# and the rest will come just as easily, but I’m going to throw myself at this so even if it’s not something that comes naturally I’ll get there in the end! I’d love to hear from other students so we can share ideas and tips so feel free to drop me a message!

Hi, I’m Gabriele, I’m 21, I’m from Leghorn, Italy, and I’m an art student.

I’m not bad in Gamemaker coding and I’m willing to learn about 3D games too.
I love arthouse games and I’m willing to make a living out of them (yeah I’m mad).

Hi everyone,

My name is Janusz, I’m from Poland working as software dev(Java). I got hooked on microcontrolers subject(Arduinos and esp8266). Highly recommend to anyone even without electronics background like me :slight_smile:
What I want to get from course is to be able to assemble extremly simple(at least at start) “game” that would be interacting with simple arduino wifi devices.

Have a good one folks
Cheers

Hello all. My name is Rick and I’m from the US. I’ve been a developer for 20+ years and am comfortable with .NET programming in C# / VB.NET. I started Unity programming during the spring of 2016 and I’m looking to improve my skills further through this course.

TTFN. :smiley:

Hi there,

My name is Rafael, I live in Monterrey, México and I am studying computer science.
I have a degree in Mechatronics engineering and while on the engineering college I found my love for programming.
I am interested in a lot of fields, as in electronics, embedded programming (Arduino and such), C++, C#, web, android, etc.
But I lack experience in some of these topics, as in videogames, android and web.
I Joined the Unity course so I can gain experience and understanding in these topics and who knows, maybe make a couple of videogames, for fun and commercially.

Nice to meet you all!

Hello everyone,
My name is Fábio and I live in Portugal, I’m 18 and this is my first year in college, I’m in computer’s and telematic’s engeneering and i’ve only learned now the basics of programming. The thing is, I have a big passion for games and I’m taking this course so that i can learn more about programming and, mixing that with videogames is a great idea that I’m ready to try.

Have a nice day y’all!

Hello, my name is Alex Zaragoza, I’m a 3D artist, I do most of the time Environmental and props for films and games, but I have also been working as a Character Rigger and a CG Generalist. I have some basic knowledge about programming in Unity, I know this course is going to help a lot.

Nice to meet you guys!

Welcome Joa, hope you succeed in your endeavors.

1 Like

Hey @Manirvo_Vernada, Thanks!
I have been learning A LOT these past months, I am very happy about it. And I am eager to learn a lot more! Almost finishing with both unity and blender courses and I have learned to used at least half a dozen of awesome tools too! :smile:.

Greetings,

My name is Guido and I live the Netherlands. I just graduated from college and started my first job in the IT. I’ve got a little experience with programming and wanted to learn more about it. I was looking for een fun way to do this, when a colleague introduced me to this course. Becauce of my love for games, I was immediately excited for this course and cannot wait to get started. I intend to use the experience that I gather from this course, to make games for myself and friends.

Guido

Hey guys,

I’m Peter, I live in Colorado. I studied programming in college but took a few years off to start an escape room business. Now I’m looking at studying game development at least part-time. Excited to work with you all and learn some cool stuff! By the way, my main interest is in 3D, first-person puzzle games.

-Peter

Hi!, my name is Ariel Ambert I’m from Puerto Rico. I have been studying Software Development for a 3 years now. I love everything that teach me programming in a good way. In life we need to find that thing that complete our self and make us happy. This is the reason I took this field! Thank for offer me this opportunity for grow my knowledge.

Hi All,

My name is Patrick and I am from Philippines. I am working at an outsourcing company as a web developer. I’m a gamer playing mostly MOBA and sandbox games. I’m really into programming and had prior experience working with Unity but that was very shallow and I am now presented with this opportunity to dig deeper in this platform.

Nice to meet all of you!

Hello everyone! My name is Kristy and I’m from the US. I have a little bit of experience in Unity and C# from a previous game design class I took but I hope to improve my skills in this course! :grin:

Hi I am a teacher in cairo Egypt and I am looking for new avenues to use with my students.

Hello, everybody. My name is Felipe Silva, I’m from Brazil and I’m taking my baby steps into the gamedev world. Last year I attended may game jams for learning the craft with some actual development as a composer and sound designer. Now I feel it’s the time to start learning a bit of coding and programming, so if I don’t create games by myself I can talk to the team members and understand better what’s actually going on!

Hi I’m Rob ! I did coding at Uni 25 years ago (C++, Pascal, COBOL) but never did it professionally. This little thing called the internet had just arrived and that seemed exciting so I worked for ISP’s, doing support mainly, which lead to network admin jobs and setting up and supporting Windows networks. I got tired of that and have not been working in IT for 5 years. I was really good at coding so here I am - I want to get into dev (hopefully something cool like games/animation rather than business stuff). I’m looking forward to refreshing myself with everything, my main challenge will be learning OOP design and approach to coding. I’m also looking forward to being part of this community and having a laugh (I’ve got a GSOH), that’s what life is about :smiley:

Hey all, my name’s Michael. Currently in second year of Maths and Computer Science at NUI Galway, Ireland. I’ve always been a lover of games, and I’ve decided it’s finally time to take the leap and see if gamedev is right for me!

Mainly a fan of Sonic and Pokemon, where are my brothers? :wink:

Michael

hallo everyone , I’m a new user and I want to learn how to create a program and more

Privacy & Terms