Welcome to the Unity Section 1 sub-forum

Hey guys, :slight_smile: whats up, Iā€™m a new to programming but not completely new, I have been studying c++ for around 2-3 months and still learning, so I understand object oriented programming. I always wanted me make games, but didnā€™t know how to go about it, so I decided to take this course. I hope I learn, grow, and develop as a game programmer during this course. So I guess time to learn.

1 Like

Hello Guys, Iā€™m new here, and more or less, new on programming too.

You might find some strange words or expressions, since english is not my native language (Iā€™m spanish), but iā€™ll try my best :slight_smile:

My name is Ramon, but usually i use the nickname of DaRKKoNNaN. I was born with a gamepad under my arm already, that would explain everything, haha.

Nice you be there with all of you guys.

1 Like

Hi. My name is Altaz. I am fresh learner. I donā€™t have any experience about programming. I am excited to learn this course. I am doing Game design and development in my University. I am facing lots of trouble during C# lecture. I have so many expatation with this course. I hope I learn and understand everything if not I will eat your head.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Nice to be here with you all guyz.

1 Like

Wish you good luck Sarah. Dont worry I am new too. We can help each other if we dont understand something or we have this forum to ask.

1 Like

Howdy!

My name is Oscar. I am from Honduras and I am a student at Texas A&M. I want to go into game development and when I saw this course I thought this would be a nice skill to have. I am relatively new to all this app environment so I am hoping this will be fun!

I hope to get to know more you as we go and hope to learn some more coding along with all you!

1 Like

Hello, I am IvƔn From Spain.

I Work as software developer in PowerBuilder and Java and now I want to dive into C# so I think learning a game development course is a funny way to begin.

Nice to be here!!!

1 Like

Hello all, nice to virtually meet you!

My nameā€™s Owain and having grown up tinkering away on things like Klik ā€˜nā€™ Play and the Games Factory, as well as starting - and not finishing - many point and click projects in Visionaire, I thought Iā€™d give learning to code a goā€¦

O

1 Like

Hi, my name is Alvino and I am a Java Software Engineer for almost 10 yearsā€¦ And I decide to join this training because being a Game Developer is my dream since High School, but I end up as most developer whom create apps for company/businessā€¦ But now I want to reach my dream again, hopefully I can reach itā€¦

1 Like

Hey guys. My name is Joshua Halifax, I am only 18, plus I just graduated high school and will be attending college starting in the spring time. I actually work as a I.T. Computer Technician as a full time employee at the school I just graduated from, but I have little to no programming experience and thought this will be a perfect time to learn the thing I always wanted to do. I hope this course is extremely helpful and from the reviews it looks like it is. Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Hello all. I am Edward. I live in Berlin and I am 47yo lol. I started learning web dev beginning of this year in another Udemy course. I have just started with Benā€™s Unity Course. I am a complete noob in coding but I absolutely enjoy it. I have built my very first ā€œgameā€ based on number wizard ui. check it out. it will teach you how to convert decimal to binary numbers.

http://gamebucket.io/game/1c903505-d039-4b15-8bac-42f2acd84d1c

1 Like

Hello,

I am Nicolas,
Iā€™ve been gaming for a few years and I felt like learning to code would be a useful tool in my toolbox.
Iā€™ve played around with 3D design and photo editing. This seems like a great comprehensive opportunity to learn the basics combining enjoyment and learning.

Looking forward to working with you all,

1 Like

Hello everyone!

My name is Kim - I live in the Philippines and my major is BS Computer Science.
I started playing games ever since grade school and my love for the games made me take comp. sci.
I am a novice Android app developer.

All of my friends started learning Unity and some actually launched their games so being competitive in nature, I decided to take up Unity too!

Although I lack a lot of knowledge and skills in terms of game dev., I look forward to your helps!

1 Like

Good Day!

My name is shyamā€¦I was running a construction business for 7 years until it failed miserably due to a recession hit marketā€¦thatā€™s when I decided that the next thing I spend my time and effort on should be something I have a real passion forā€¦bless my luck when i found out that MY best friend and wife ā€˜Shruthiā€™ also felt the same wayā€¦she is an aerospace engineer and an awesome designer with mad skills in 3D modellingā€¦we both decided to pursue gaming and hope against hope to start up a game development company somewhere in the worldā€¦I sold my company at a loss and she quit her job so that we could move back to our home town now as theres no place like home when ur on a budget:) ā€¦India is a growing market for game development as there are hundreds of millions of potential new users hereā€¦we hope to develop some quality games in our studio apartment for nowā€¦with a little more exposure and effort a business venture could materialiseā€¦

We read a lot of the introductions and are happy to be part of such a varied community with so much talentā€¦it really inspires us to learn more and work harder so that we can keep up with u guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

Iā€™m Brian, I live in Southeast London in the UK at present i donā€™t study i work full time in the Transport Industry. I enjoying gaming when ever i can fit in the time to do so and pretty much into Survival Games, RPGā€™s, Sandbox and also MMOā€™s.
Whats got me into wanting to learn C# is due to a few friends who are already either starting a project or learning and asked me to join and wanna try see if i can also get to a good standard of knowledge of C#.

1 Like

Hello Everyone!, my name is Carlos.
I live in Argentina, good luck for everyone!, Cheers! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

My name is Andy, and I am from Calgary, Canada. I work as a full-time commercial pilot, but am currently considering making a career change into a field where I can create do my own thing, apply my creative side, and have fun along the way. I am not too experienced with coding, although I do have some web development skills since I was 16 (HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc.). Game development has always been on my radar, but I have avoided it for many years due to the intimidating learning curve. Well, now I think it is time for me to take that challenge!

For a few years now, I have had an idea on making my own platformer. My idea is there, but now I need the tools to apply it. Anyways, good luck with the course everyone. And if anyone wants to get together, pool our knowledge, and maybe make something great, please let me know!

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi there, Iā€™m Ryan. I live in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. I like video games and building things, hence why I took a course on video game making. I want to start making small end games, but I also want to make games like Fallout, mAss Effect, Borderlands or GTASaints Row, all big giants of which has been my favorite games. Iā€™ve had trouble getting started with this work, but hopefully I stick to Benā€™s lessons and keep at it after Iā€™m done here.

1 Like

Hello everyone! My name is Billy. I am from Texas (small country town with no red lights outside of Fort Worth a ways). My initials are BBS so my user name here is Texasbbs. I discovered the Udemy website kind of by accident and am excited about this course. Iā€™ve bought some programming books before but it just doesnā€™t keep my attention, hopefully video will be much better. I grew up in the late 70ā€™s and 80ā€™s, the perfect age for arcades (I worked in an arcade around 1985 and 1986 and we had spittoons next to the games, kind of like if the movie Tombstone met Flynnā€™s Arcade) also during the early pc and console gaming scene. I have always thought it would be fun to make games but never followed with it. Now Iā€™m actually wanting to learn things, getting old I guess (47). Iā€™ll start out as confused as a goat on AstroTurf, but going to treat it as just having fun and hopefully make some friends, and if more comes out it great! Feel free to write me if you want for help or just to say howdy.

1 Like

Hey everyone, Leandro here, or just Lee, Iā€™m Brazilian/Australian currently living in Denmark, always wanted to learn how to code and design games, used to play around with Game Maker 5 back in the day but nothing ever came out of it, so I finally decided to give this a proper go now that I have giving myself a break from the telco/marketing industry.
I hope everyone enjoys this crazy ride we are getting ourselves into.
PS: I already screwed up by posting in the wrong forum. lol

1 Like

Hello, my name is David Bronner.

In about a month or so I will be attending Full Sail University pursuing a masters degree in Game Design. The purpose of me taking this course is for a few reasons; the biggest is that I have little to no knowledge in programs and programming languages such as Unity and C#, as well as using programs such as Blender, and so studying up on them is my biggest priority. With this course being able to have such information available, I feel confident that I can use what I have learned here to properly prepare me for Full Sailā€™s curriculum, especially when it comes to making video games though unity.

Another reason is because while there are plenty of other useful tutorials online for free, I have a feeling that taking this course will improve my ability dramatically as I can directly apply what I have learn with a sense of direction, instead of just watching people do random things and I have to really focus of putting every piece together myself.

While I am ultimately going to be learning news things at Full Sail University, I believe that taking this course, or at least getting started on this course, will help me get my feet off the ground and enjoy the process of making and designing video games.

Nice to meet everyone, I hope that we can all enjoy the process together.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms