Welcome to the Unity Section 1 sub-forum

Hello everyone! My name is Patrick, from Washington State, and I am currently in my last quarter of a Software Development degree and am excited to get started on the Unity course here. So far I have not worked in the programming field but am excited, and nervous, to get my foot in the door and get the career going!

2 Likes

I have started a side project (Puzzles for Good) and it needs coding. I decided that perhaps I could learn to do it myself! I live in Calgary, AB.

3 Likes

Hello! Nice to meet you all. My name is Devin. I just got back to the U.S. from a 2 year stay in Japan, where I was working as a translator, interpreter, and event organizer. Iā€™ve been rethinking my career lately, and have decided to pick up a few programming languages to help fill out my resume while I consider pursuing a career in the video games industry. Iā€™d like to use my international experience and linguistic skills in the future of course, but I also find myself wanting to do something creative, and since video games have been such a large part of my life and I am constantly thinking of new ideas for games, I thought there wouldnā€™t be a better place to start than here. A friend of mine introduced me to this course, and weā€™re going to work through it together. I have very little experience working with software or coding, so Iā€™m sure this will be a challenge. Iā€™ll be happy to help anyone who has any questions to the best of my ability, but I suspect that most of you will know more than I do. Anyway, thatā€™s it I guess. See you on the forums!

2 Likes

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

My name is Dino, and I just finished a Masters of Science in Molecular Science.
While I look for a job I decided to learn how to make music (Using FL Studios) and also learn Unity, so that I can make my own audio for a video game. Learning Blender will be the next step.

My goal is to make audio, 3D models, and mini games as a hobby until I learn these programs well, in which case I can start making more quality content, and then who knows.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Iā€™m Off from Thailand.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Stefan and Iā€™m from Serbia. As a student of CS I had took upon myself to make an Android game for my dissertation (thesis). I had done so with Libgdx and with a lot of effort I had achieved it. However, it was bumpy ride and If I could go back in time I make the game all over again in Unity. I am versatile in Java and have some experience with C# (mostly basics).

2 Likes

Hello, my nameā€™s Robert. Iā€™m from England. My experience with coding is mostly teaching myself Javascript, HTML and jQuery from Codecademy, but I wasnā€™t happy about the idea of making websites for a living. Instead, I decided to look into programming games, and I found this course.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Guilherme, from Brazil. Recently Graduaded in Computer Science. I am currently working as a C++ developer(embedded system) and decided to learn Unity for fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
My name is Oswaldo Schneider Junior and Iā€™m from Brazil.
I have a B.A. in Information Systems and was always fascinated by Technology in general, Iā€™ve already developed some softwares in Java and Delphi, and an currently learning Python and C#.
I took this course because Iā€™m an avid gamer and always dreamt of working in GameDev/Game Design and wanted to improve my programming and development skills by learning something new, something that I like.
So, thatā€™s it, hope we get along well!

3 Likes

Mark from England working in health care looking to develop some 3d skills for use in developing new information channels for patients and staff. Formerly trained as a technical illustrator and graphics.

Been creating a mixed CGi and video file using Blender 3d and Serif Movieplus. Hoping to develop better stnards and skills to move forward from this first movie file.

2 Likes

Hi everybody! My name is Travis, and Iā€™m a computer engineering student one year away from a bachelorā€™s degree. After that, I plan on getting my PhD. in Computer Science, with a research emphasis in artificial intelligence, particularly as it relates to game playing. Iā€™m a big proponent of the paradigm that games can be used as a safe, versatile environment for new AI techniques which can translate to real world applications.

What brings me to Udemy / this course? Well, to be honest, I bought a bunch of courses on sale for $10 eachā€¦I mean, when I spend ~$100 for stuff that wouldā€™ve cost me $1800+, Iā€™d say I got a pretty good bargainā€¦This was one of those courses. It just looked like a lot of fun!

Game development is both a budding hobby and a future academic and career investment for me, so Iā€™m really excited to start this course!

Oh, and just to give you an idea of how much of a geek I am, my current dream job is to work for a game company to develop the AI for a trading card gameā€¦Trading card games are so much funā€¦!

Anyways, nice to meet you all. I look forward to what weā€™ll make together!

2 Likes

Hello everybody!
My name is George and I am a CS undergrad from Greece. I really enjoy coding, especially for a project with Object Oriented nature.
Iā€™ve spend the last couple of months studying Android Development and I was looking for something new, when I came across Ben Tristemā€™s course on C# and Unity. Itā€™s description has convinced that I am about gain some amazing and really useful knowledge that doesnā€™t only concern Game Development, but also big scale software projects development in general.
So, happy coding and happy learning everyone! I hope we all enjoy this course.
See you later!

2 Likes

Hi there,
Boris from Germany. Having worked in the games industry for many years (but never as a coder), I would like to know more about creating games - sort of something I enjoy doing in my free time.
So far I have been building games using BuildBox and Construct2. Curious to learn a real dev environment now.

2 Likes

Hi there!

My name is Pedro Augusto Fabri, or just Pedro for short.
Iā€™m from Brasil and Iā€™m a student of System Development and Analysis course.
I work as an ABAP developer at CGI Brasil, and I program at my free time as well.
As I love to code AND I love games, wellā€¦ why not enjoy both at the same time?
I already know a little bit of Unity, but nothing compares to a course explaining everything you need to know about it.
In additional, Iā€™m a bassist in a metal band called Dislaze, and a huge fan of Survival Horror and FPS Games.

Iā€™m hungry for knowledge and friends, so donā€™t be shy to ask me anything !

2 Likes

Hi all,
I love computer games and have always wanted to try coding them. Got this course for myself, and gifted one to my daughter and also to another friend. Hopefully we can all learn together and get some collaboration going. Hereā€™s to a fun time coding!!

Be safe,
Sonny

2 Likes

Hello !!

My name is Steven, Going in 10th grade and needed a couple of electives so i thought Unity would be a great choice.
I been coding for a few years now but never created a videogame from scratch, and since i always wanted to learn i decided to learn how through Unity. So here I am.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Brent. I am a 34 yo Software Engineer. Iā€™ve always wanted to learn how to make games and been tinkering a little with Unity off and on over the pas few years, but have not gotten far. Iā€™m excited to go through this course and learn what it has to offer and see where it takes me!

2 Likes

Hey guys,

My name is Sebastian Bros, Iā€™m a fourth year student of chemical engineering. Programing and scripting clases were fun in college, but mostly Iā€™m a gamer since I can remember. Canā€™t Wait to learn how to create games, Im up to the challenge!

2 Likes

Hey yā€™all,

Iā€™m Alex, a computer science student from Australia. Iā€™ve always wanted to try making games and iā€™m hoping this course will lead me on that path.

Nice to meet everyone.

2 Likes

Hi all,

My name is Nathan Popham and Iā€™ve been a software engineer working with C# for about five years. I minored in Game Design & Development at university and used to dabble in game development for Flash.

Iā€™ve tried Unity a few times, but Iā€™ve always bounced off. The mindset required is different to what Iā€™m familiar with (or at least thatā€™s what I told myself :slight_smile: but I think this will help. I like the course so far and Iā€™m looking forward to getting further.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms