Welcome Everyone!

Heya I’m Max, and I’m learning to model because I write, and I want to be able to model characters and objects from the stories and make them more real for me. I also work on little game projects with my friends as well, and nobody in the group models yet, so thatll be me!

Hello everyone, I’m Michael and I’m learning 3D Modelling to expand my skillset as a Game Designer and create environments, prototypes and items to portray my ideas and assets for my projects.

Hey everyone, my name is Jonathan and this is the first 3D model course I have ever taken. I hope to one day to become a designer and help design games. I love the experience you can give someone with playing a game it truly amazes me. I am taking to course to further my skill in art and design. I have an art background and I have taken a few college art classes. I still have a lot to learn. I can’t wait get started on this course and meet the community.

Hello there peeps, my name is Tim and i come from Romania. I’m in the 9th grade and I’m taking this course because i really want to understand how to properly use blender. I have tried using blender before, but without somebody helping me out it can be quite tricky to understand the complex UI and how to animate (plus the lighting can be a giant pain for me as well), so i am very excited to finally have a way of learning this.

Hi all!

I am new to Blender, and I am trying to learn some of the basics to make 3D models to print for tabletop/paper and pencil games.

2 Likes

Greetings everyone,

I don’t have any prior experience with Blender, so I’m interested in learning what I can do with it. I would like to use it to create cool shapes that can be 3D printed.

Hi ya!
I’m not overly new to blender but have never taken a proper course on 3d modeling, and figured it was about time. I also have Maya and soon to be Zbrush. So I can build my own assets for unreal engine 4.

Hello, my name is Edgardo. I’m a 19-year-old college freshman who has fresh new ideas for some video games. I joined this course in hopes of learning some efficient 3D modeling techniques alongside some rigging and texturing. My first milestone is to fully complete the main character with shaders, textures, and animations for my first game.

1 Like

Hi, my name is Pætur. I am a concept developer and programmer. I have a little prior experience with 3ds Max and Blender, but need to improve my skills as I am building a prototype of a concept I am developing.

Right now, I need to get good enough to build, rig and animate a realistic human model. The next step will be learning Blender’s Python API.

Super excited to get cracking on this!

1 Like

Hello, My name is Jack and generally go by the handle of Gen and will generally answer to either, I’ve been anti-social too much and I should try to at least involve myself in a community that will not only help me but will also fuel some inspiration from time to time.

I am currently 23 and just had to leave work due to health concerns and My goal is to be a game developer either with my own company freelance or triple-A games.

I hope this course does you well and that you manage to get started on the right foot and are happy with how it goes would love to be able to assist if I can. The course first though.

As you mentioned tabletop games I would assume you would be going the route of a 3d printer route if so have you considered how complex/simplified the minitures are going to be?

Hi, my name is Kenny. I’ve been a AAA game programmer for 6 years. I’m taking this course so I can learn to make some basic things in blender for some side projects I’ve been working on in my free time.

Hi My name is Bri, i have been trying to learn Unity, Blender, Photoshop and Java Script for 4 years now, i have started to take blender more seriously this year and in doing so i learned aboutt making models i am really excited to complete this class!

Yea, nothing really bigger than 1in x 1in to start with, and simple models. Chairs, fences, chests, etc. Eventually, characters, but I imagine organic modelling is a lot more difficult than structures. Not to mention figuring out how to lay out supports to keep the model from collapsing during print.

1 Like

That’s good to hear you have given it a lot of careful thought and planning, if I remember anything that might be useful or find anything I’ll try to let you know.

Hey everyone! My name is Karl and I’m a recent engineering graduate (2017). I used blender briefly during my senior capstone project, and I want to learn how to get more out of it. I mostly want to learn how to make 3d models for printing and for game design, but I’m also interested in blenders simulation and tracking capabilities.

1 Like

Hello! My name is Giselle and I am excited to learn more about 3D design using Blender. My dream job is to design prosthetic limbs, so I am taking this course in hopes of building up my software skills in 3D modeling to better advertise myself to future employers in the medical industry. I have done 2D simulations in the past of simple robots using MATLAB and am looking forward to taking that to another dimension with Blender.

My name is Or and I have had Blender for a while now and know some basic stuff.
I am taking this course because I want to learn how to create assets and eventually create a video game.
These are all side projects for me in order to have a good, productive hobby. Nice to see so many people here.

Hello Everyone I am happy to get started.

Privacy & Terms